Frequencies for Inland Empire CA? (that work?)

aascannerman

Lets face it, CA is mainly encrypted when it comes to police. I have plenty of Fire & EMS where I live just curious if anyone here lives around this area and has had better luck? At this point i still enjoy my SDS 100 and 200 and I am looking for anything other than Police and fire that comes thru.

Robbie1984

They may not be as exciting as Police would be but Parks and Wildlife as well as Dept of Forestry are quite interesting to listen to especially during fire season as their fire towers and park patrols generally detect fires before a 911 call is placed

Here in South Australia we have One Forty One Plantations/Forestry SA and National Parks & Wildlife on the same trunked radio network as all other agencies 9 times out of 10 a fire or smoke sighting is generally spotted first by fire tower operators who can radio it directly to base then an automatic dispatch for ground and air crews is activated

MiCon

Mike
CHP is about the only analog LE left in your area. The upside is that most of soCal CHP comms have upgraded to a repeater system vs the former base-mobile separate frequency system. With the repeaters, you can here MANY CHP comms from your area (RC, SB, Riv, Banning, most of LA Co. I can even get San Diego comms on my handheld rubber ducky from my daughter's home in Rialto). You can also monitor the 123.0 ~ 123.475 air band for LE aircraft. Most of these comms are on 123.4 ~ 123.475.

brcoz

Premium Subscriber
I lived near Riverside and had these programed. CHP most of the time and fire. I moved to Arizona last May.
Clev Forest
CHP Southern
Localhosp
CHP Inland
CHP Border
CHP P25
SB Fire
SB CalFire
CalFire CMD
Perris CalFire
SB Fire/M Aid
NCIF
SB ConFire
CDF TAC
SB Srch Res
SB Fire CON
CDF AIR

avdrummerboy

There is a LOT to listen to, both within and without public safety. As noted, CHP is about the only LE left, some LA area PD's are still clear and from your area you may get them but that's about it. Aside from local Fire and EMS, there are State and Federal agencies and departments all over that can be interesting listening. State parks, CalFire, Dept of Fish and Wildlife, even Department of Water resources. Also Caltrans and SoCal Edison can be fun listening especially during road work or storms/ fires. Federally, you have BLM, NPS, National forests.

There is also airband and military monitoring as well, and you'd be surprised how little- routine- military stuff is clear.

Past that, and some of the most fun listening for me personally is general business listening. Look RR and find the FCC licenses in your area, dial them in and sit back and see what comes up. You'd be surprised the wild things that you will hear from local stores and other businesses. Also, a lot of security is in the business band range. It's not law enforcement per se, but it does make for interesting listening as well and you might even hear some excitement well before you'd hear any law dispatch on it.

Trust me, there is no shortage of things to listen to. Don't let the anti encryption crowd take you down too low. The only real hang-up is you might want to invest in DMR and NXDN to hear the full range of possibilities.

Hope this helps somewhat.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
I think in the Inland Empire you should be-able to pickup the SBDCO FIRE Simulcast repeater from Strawberry Peak up in Crestline or Lake Arrowhead area.

This is the Mountain Simulcast Site you need to program and you will be-able to get all the FIRE Talkgroups on this Site all the way to Neveda Stateline and from the 40 Frwy all the way to Needles Arizona Stateline in SBDCO. Good Luck. Very good system to listen to. Lots of activity all the time.

Also, in the Inland Empire The CHP COPPER frequency is a huge channel to listen to as this frequency covers a huge area of SBDCO and so on. Its on a repeater that is strong and you can hear both sides of traffic. I love this certain frequency.