Frequencies for Inland Empire CA? (that work?)

aascannerman

Lets face it, CA is mainly encrypted when it comes to police. I have plenty of Fire & EMS where I live just curious if anyone here lives around this area and has had better luck? At this point i still enjoy my SDS 100 and 200 and I am looking for anything other than Police and fire that comes thru.

Robbie1984

They may not be as exciting as Police would be but Parks and Wildlife as well as Dept of Forestry are quite interesting to listen to especially during fire season as their fire towers and park patrols generally detect fires before a 911 call is placed

Here in South Australia we have One Forty One Plantations/Forestry SA and National Parks & Wildlife on the same trunked radio network as all other agencies 9 times out of 10 a fire or smoke sighting is generally spotted first by fire tower operators who can radio it directly to base then an automatic dispatch for ground and air crews is activated

MiCon

Mike
CHP is about the only analog LE left in your area. The upside is that most of soCal CHP comms have upgraded to a repeater system vs the former base-mobile separate frequency system. With the repeaters, you can here MANY CHP comms from your area (RC, SB, Riv, Banning, most of LA Co. I can even get San Diego comms on my handheld rubber ducky from my daughter's home in Rialto). You can also monitor the 123.0 ~ 123.475 air band for LE aircraft. Most of these comms are on 123.4 ~ 123.475.