Frequencies for oil platform helicopters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanthewaves

I’ve seen a bell jet ranger type helo fly over North Padre Island every once and awhile and it got me thinking about oil company helo and if this could be one, I can’t see any logos or markings. Are there Company frequencies I can monitor?

PACNWDude

Check with helicopter companies in Galliano and Houma, Louisiana. They transport personnel to oil rigs, have been on them many times. Many oil rigs and oil spill response vessels (pollution control) vessels also have the aviation frequency painted on their landing pad. There are also itinerant frequencies in VHF/UHF and AM/FM used for the oil industry. However, many of the companies have transitioned to Trbo in some cases, with Basic Privacy enabled. Helicopters use the aviation frequencies for the airports they fly into and out of, along with the specific frequencies for the company landing pads. Scanning the aviation bands (VHF and UHF) should yield some results on what is being used in your area.

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
Check with helicopter companies in Galliano and Houma, Louisiana. They transport personnel to oil rigs, have been on them many times. Many oil rigs and oil spill response vessels (pollution control) vessels also have the aviation frequency painted on their landing pad. There are also itinerant frequencies in VHF/UHF and AM/FM used for the oil industry. However, many of the companies have transitioned to Trbo in some cases, with Basic Privacy enabled. Helicopters use the aviation frequencies for the airports they fly into and out of, along with the specific frequencies for the company landing pads. Scanning the aviation bands (VHF and UHF) should yield some results on what is being used in your area.
better then a crew boat to fourchon , unless theres an "oh god" nut incident lol

PACNWDude

better then a crew boat to fourchon , unless theres an "oh god" nut incident lol
Yes, I did many crew boat rides out of Fourchon as well. At least on those, I could sleep, unless there were fights over which vessel/rig I was headed to. I helped put out two fire aboard ships, and then was a licensed engineer, so many vessel captains wanted me to come to their vessel to assist in fixing everything. The parent corporation I worked for had many customers, both vessel and oil rigs, and it was a lot of helicopter rides to fix communications gear or vessel rides to do 30 days offshore.

ericcarlson

Database Admin
I haven't poked at this in a long time but the likes of Era/PHI/etc. have had VHF air company freqs on tall towers along the gulf coast: Galveston County - Galveston/Scholes International Airport (GLS) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
There is also a federal freq for the BSEE helicopters: Harris County - Federal Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

I believe the Louisiana RR db has a list of freqs used by various oil companies but I don't have personal knowledge of their use.

Status
Not open for further replies.