Frequencies for the Forest Fire Service (Ground and Air Services)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heidi750

Premium Subscriber
It's been awhile ... but I couldn't find the search option.

We are coming again to the forest fire season here in BC ... and probably most of Canada.
Can anyone help me where to look for radio frequencies for the Forest Fire Service (Ground and Air Services)

Thanks

jjbond

Banned
Banned
Hi fellow Canuckistan...... (I'm from BC but live in the US now).

You show as being from Calgary yet you asked about BC and state "here in BC" so I'll give you what I have from both. The BC ones is very accurate, BC Fire Center out of Kamloops was one of my main listens when I lived in Lillooet up till 2016 and worked for the mounties. Beautiful country but we burned and had smoke almost ever year.

BC puts out a great forestry radio handbook, the older ones were a bit easier to read but the 2018 is still good, has maps and frequencies. I've included a good one from 2011 as well as the 2018 one, they don't update it very often.

The 2018 Alberta one is ok, the one from 2012 has more info (starting on page 95) but I've included both..

Ok, well that was a bust... the files are too large to attach, I've put them on my server for you, I hope this helps, let me know if the links do not work for you. I was able to directly attach to this post, a quick reference guide that will help when you look through the BC guide and the maps included, as well as quick radio cheat sheet, again a bit older but they haven't changed much. The new BC one also addresses the BC Province wide Resource Road (logging roads) frequency assignments / numbering that were changed in 2013, I've attached those here as well.

Alberta-Forest-Pilots-Handbook-Apr2012

Alberta-Forest-Pilots-Handbook-Mar2018

BC-Forest-Service-Radio-Communication-Handbook-2011-rev-1

BC-Forest-Service-Radio-Communication-Handbook-2018

Jen

Attachments

• BC Forestry Radio Maps Quick Reference.pdf
    285.4 KB · Views: 13
  • BC Forestry 2011 Standard F3 F3s Radio Channel Line-up.pdf
    24.5 KB · Views: 8
  • BC Forestry Resource Road Radio Channels Final.pdf
    21.3 KB · Views: 11