Frequencies for the Muskego, WI 53150 Police department

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewlewis424

I am new to the radio scanner world, my question is, What are the frequencies for the Muskego, WI 53150 Police department. I can not find them.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I am new to the radio scanner world, my question is, What are the frequencies for the Muskego, WI 53150 Police department. I can not find them.
For just about every city, start first by looking at the database page for your county. Your county shows to be Waukesha.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=3119

Now, on the county's page, scroll down to find your city:
1560726017348.png
See the note that 'Fire is dispatched locally'? That likely means that your city dispatches fire calls, on the Fire Paging frrequency mentioned, as opposed to the county or another city handling Dispatch.
It also shows that your city uses the trunked system listed, OASIS.

For trunked systems, you do not have a specific "frequency" for an agency. Instead, you have talkgroups. See the Trunking Basics page in the Wiki for a more complete explanation of trunked radio systems.

To listen to your City's PD, as well as other city agencies (including Fire operations), you would need to program the site on the system that covered your area. In your case, it would be the Waukesha Simulcast.
1560726557470.png
You would need a scanner capable of following a trunked system using P25 (digital) transmissions.
You have not indicated what scanner you have, so without that, we cannot direct you to more specific programming instructions.

With the system created, and the site frequencies entered, scroll down in the list of talkgroups to locate your city. That will show you the Talkgroups you need to monitor.
1560726783954.png

There are other sections of talkgroups for your county, as well as for other cities in the county.

drewlewis424

Steve,
Thanks for your quick response, the information and guidance is very helpful.
I have the SDS100
Thanks and the best regards,
Drew

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Steve,
Thanks for your quick response, the information and guidance is very helpful.
I have the SDS100
Thanks and the best regards,
Drew
Once you've used Sentinel to update the main database, then you could scan that trunked system using your location and the main database.

Or, append the system to a Favorites list, then remove the cities and agencies that do not interest you. Be sure to leave the Waukesha site, but you could remove Milwaukee if that does not interest you.

Status
Not open for further replies.