Frequencies for U.S. Public Health Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

I have searched multiple sources but I have been unable to locate any scanner data for the USPHS. I live in Nebraska near Camp Ashland were the Federal Government is placing involuntarialy quarenteened U.S. citizens that are returning from China. I'm just curious to hear any of the traffic associated with the operation. I anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the input. I'm using a Uniden BCT15XT.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Looking over my notes (unsure where I got these or how old they are) you might try...

Also, you might want to try the freqs for FEMA/NDMS found in this document http://henney.com/chm/0117/chm0117.pdf

I'm confident they'll be using simplex so you'll need to be fairly close. They may also borrow Camp Ashland radios so check their freqs too.

Last edited:

Horatio

Looking over my notes (unsure where I got these or how old they are) you might try...

I'm confident they'll be using simplex so you'll need to be fairly close. They may also borrow Camp Ashland radios so check their freqs too.
Hey thanks, I appreciate the info and the tip!

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Took me a few minutes to find these, one in the RR database and another in the excellent Fed Files Blog by @ChrisP , but you might try these as well. Let us know if anything is active.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
There used to be a USPHS VHF repeater in Miami many years ago (circa 1990) but has since been taken down and never replaced. They used 164.300 (analog) IIRC. It was rarely used but when it was, their medical transport vehicles would use it to alert the medical center of an incoming patient. Sort of the equivalent of the Medcom frequencies.

ecps92

Which medical center ?
Curious....
There used to be a USPHS VHF repeater in Miami many years ago (circa 1990) but has since been taken down and never replaced. They used 164.300 (analog) IIRC. It was rarely used but when it was, their medical transport vehicles would use it to alert the medical center of an incoming patient. Sort of the equivalent of the Medcom frequencies.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
Which medical center ?
Curious....
It was for the immigration detention center out in west Miami-Dade back when USPHS had primary medical responsibility before IHSC came to be. The repeater antenna was located on the smoke stack of the old cement plant on Krome Avenue.

ecps92

Thanks, 95% of my PHS finds had always been "A" Band
IHS and others yes, VHF due to BIA also being VHF

It was for the immigration detention center out in west Miami-Dade back when USPHS had primary medical responsibility before IHSC came to be. The repeater antenna was located on the smoke stack of the old cement plant on Krome Avenue.

pro2096HI

Analog kinda guy, surviving in a digital world
I would look for them on the Redbook commons. 163.100 and 418.050 seem to be faves here in Vegas. If quarantines go up the FEMA freqs are a good bet. But they have been encrypting alot.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Also these...

- Chris

They are using digital correct?

Last edited:

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Yes, the CDC systems are all digital. As for the conventional and simplex channels, I would say yes, P-25 and likely encrypted, but you never know.

Thanks Chris! You're correct the person may never know if they are using encryption or not.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
ECPS92 may disagree with me here, but likely these are manned by HHS DMAT teams. Those teams use FEMA XTS5000 Fed UHF radios in the Fed UHF band. There are many zones in those radios, but it is likely they are on a FEMA zone with AES P25 in simplex. Typically, a comm guy, logistics chief, or team commander MAY have an additional radio on the local public safety or base radio system. TT

Status
Not open for further replies.