Frequencies help

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Your best bet is to attend one of the MONIX Group meetings.
The North group meets the 2nd Saturday of each month at the Donatos on Paragon Road in Centerville.
The South group meets the 3rd Saturday of the month at the Donatos,15 Donnermeyer Drive, Bellevue, KY.
Both meetings start at 6 PM. Bring the radio and power source, they can help program it there.

engine183

Premium Subscriber
I agree with the suggestion from Mark (Radioscan), however you might find the below helpful as well.

You might find this “easy to read” manual helpful as well for your WS1040. There are several videos that help with programming.
See:
Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manual (marksscanners.com)

The Ohio MARCS-IP: Multi-Agency Radio Communications system is widely used on Butler County. Most all of the local police and fire are on the MARCS system. The Butler County “site” for receiving the MARCS system is a simulcast site. Your WS1040 may or may not work as a result of the simulcast.

Check out:
Simulcast - The RadioReference Wiki

However, there might be other things of interest, see the RR page for your County:

Butler County, Ohio (OH) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference (radioreference.com)

Gregg

DanKC8PAE

Premium Subscriber
When I had my Radio shack Pro 106 witch I believe is very comparable to the WS1040 I could get excellent reception of the Ohio MARCS system in Hamilton when I was on the East side of town and out in the Fairfield Township area. but terrible reception on the West side of town. Lots of simulcast distortion on the west side. I know the price goes way up on the Uniden SDS radio's but I have one SDS 100 and two SDS 200's and they work excellent any were and every were in Butler County. Well worth the money spent in my opinion. I currently No someone who has a brand new SDS 200 for sale. He is asking $600. He has owned it less than a month. He bought it to mount in his truck but then decided to go a different route when it came to mobile monitoring. If you are interested in looking at the SDS 200 let me know and I can get you his contact information. He may be willing to haggle a little bit with the price. If you do end up buying a Uniden 436HP, 536HP or a Uniden SDS 100 or 200 scanner I have the Sentinel software for programing these radio's and I would be more than happy to help you get your radio programmed and set up and help teach you how to use it. If you decide to keep the WS1040 and have a computer with programing software for it I would be willing to give you a hand on getting it set up. I am sure things would come back to me from programing my Pro 106. I was born an raised in Hamilton but I now live in Trenton and have been up here for almost 10 years. Me getting to Hamilton or any were in Butler County is not an issue.

Dan