frequencies manual input

Status
Not open for further replies.

burchill

Premium Subscriber
ust wondering if I don't have a computer and I go lets say to a difference town or city or a race track if I can just can hit scan and it will scan all the frequencies the per has or do I have to enter all the frequencies before i leave the house from the computer, the reason asking is because when at the races I never know what the frequencies are going to be until i get to the races and get a card that has the frequencies on them of the teams so obviously i don't wanna have to take my computer with me to the races to have enter these frequencies.

eagleswings01

From my experience so far with the PSR-310, hitting seach doesn't give you a good sampling of the available frequencies. I tried that method several different times, but it never picked up enough traffic to make me happy.

After I entered in all of the frequencies I was interested in (by hand, from the RR database), using SCAN was like night and day! Now my scanner stays pretty busy with all kinds of traffic.

Good luck!
Mike

N8IAA

ust wondering if I don't have a computer and I go lets say to a difference town or city or a race track if I can just can hit scan and it will scan all the frequencies the per has or do I have to enter all the frequencies before i leave the house from the computer, the reason asking is because when at the races I never know what the frequencies are going to be until i get to the races and get a card that has the frequencies on them of the teams so obviously i don't wanna have to take my computer with me to the races to have enter these frequencies.
Are you using the PSR-800? If so, unless they are in the database here on RR, I don't believe that you can enter them manually. But, I could be wrong. Unless they are in the scanlists prior to the race.
Larry

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
Are you using the PSR-800? If so, unless they are in the database here on RR, I don't believe that you can enter them manually. But, I could be wrong.

And you are. Just add them manually from your computer and copy them over to the chip. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a way to do it with the 800 itself, but why bother when it's so easy from your computer with the software supplied.

W6KRU

And you are. Just add them manually from your computer and copy them over to the chip. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a way to do it with the 800 itself, but why bother when it's so easy from your computer with the software supplied.

You must not have read the OP.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Thread Closed

I am closing this as you started this thread after you asked the same question in the New User forum. I would ask anyone who wants to further comment on this topic, to do so in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.