Frequencies Used By National Guard at World Trade Path Station, NYC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I can't help but notice that the National Guard troops posted at the PATH train stations, such as WTC, have motorola radios. I was just wondering what frequencies they are using? I am curious if they are given nypd interop radios, so they can communicate with them or Port Authority radios, or their own private radios used only to talk with each other? Anyone have info on that?

SCPD

QRT
What kind of radios did it look like? Did you hear traffic emitting or they using the infamous fbi style ear pieces?

Analogrules

I only saw the mics clipped to their shirts with Motorola written on it. No ear pieces and their radios were silent at the time I walked by them. I did read an article online stating that the national guard troops in nyc after hurricane Sandy were given NYC OEM radios for interop communication, but not sure if they are still sticking with those radios.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Probably their own radios on their own squad and platoon nets, with some having some interop programming in them. The military does use a lot of motorola gear for intra-squad radios, etc.

rufus-7

the last time i was at the port authority bus terminal i saw what looked like harris xg-75 portables with the speaker mike marked with the name harris. is it possible for a harris radio to operate on a motorola trunked system or are they only compatible with harris systems.

armycw2

the last time i was at the port authority bus terminal i saw what looked like harris xg-75 portables with the speaker mike marked with the name harris. is it possible for a harris radio to operate on a motorola trunked system or are they only compatible with harris systems.

When I did Empire Shield we were issued Harris P5400 UHF P25 radios

rufus-7

Thanks for your service, the radio you mentioned soes looke like the xg-75. can't believe how much they looke alike. Do you know what frequency that was in use?

Status
Not open for further replies.