Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

railroadertwo

Has Washington Co or Tulsa and or the OHP went to the P-25 System, the database suggests to me they are still using conventional systems, My brother lives in Bartlesville and was undergoing surgery in Tulsa and I programed some channels in RS Pro-95, and never heard a thing other than the Bartlesville FD. I live in SE Kansas the the KHWP has went to the P-25 system, and several other agencies. Thanks

KD5WLX

You should be able to hear the Tulsa site of the state system on a Pro-95 when you're in Owasso or further south. Once you cross the ridge north of Owasso (about 106th Street) the terrain blocks the signal. You didn't specify where in KS you're coming from, but the same thing happens on US 75 as on US 169.

The -95 will not track the Owasso site - they've been rebanded and that model does not support the rebanding.

KOK5CY

I'm going to chime in on this issue ...When i lived in Bartlesville i at times drove to the south end of the county and can pick up the 800 traffic before cresting that hill just north of the skiatook off ramp .

In my personal opinion i don't think Bartlesville or WCSO will change to P-25 ...That area is full of hill's and tree's . Besides all that VHF in that area is better to have since most agencies rely mostly on vhf . Hardly anyone uses 800 up there except conoco and nextel .

railroadertwo

I would have be coming from the North from Independence, KS on highway 75 to Bartlesville to Tulsa, if that helps. It could be I did not have my Pro-95 programed properly, or had the proper frequencies programed Thank You KC0WNY

Status
Not open for further replies.