Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4EET

Chaplain
@Micro1, not sure what you are going to use to determine what frequencies that you can use but note that the graphic above is dated 11/8/2019 and @WB9YBM did caution that "updates might be on their web site" so be sure that you verify things before you take things for granted. @nd5y gives a direct link to Part 97 which supersedes everything else. Better safe than sorry. My link to the ARRL's PDF on their website is dated 9/22/2017 so please do make sure the graphics match up with Part 97.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
K4EET linked to a specific file download from the ARRL website. Here's a link to the page on the ARRL website where various amateur radio allocation charts can be found to download: Graphical Frequency Allocations

I feel confident that if Part 97 changed, the ARRL would change the charts available on their website. To the best of my knowledge, none of the recent proposals to change the allocations by license class or by mode have been approved by the FCC. That said, the FCC is the final word on the matter.

WB9YBM

It does concern me a little when someone gets a new license and then asks questions like this.

Although I've noticed when someone's got their hands full trying to copy contact information during a QSO and whatever else we've got our hands full with, a cheat-sheet with frequency limits listed is an easy double-check that might make life a bit easier for some of us--one less thing to worry about--especially us forgetful, old geezers that are over 25 years old. Certainly no harm in that.

KC5AKB

Micro 1 Welcome to Ham Radio .
Congratulations on the License !!!
Feel free to email me any questions at kc5akb@arrl.net Or we can talk on the phone. The name is Ric
You can also pm me here whenever you are able to. K4EET is also a wealth of information ( K4EET is a very good Elmer)

Ric Kc5akb

Token

It does concern me a little when someone gets a new license and then asks questions like this.

If a person "studies to the test", as is often advocated by various sources, you don't learn what frequency ranges you can use, you only memorize the test pool related answers. And online example tests, and the propensity for people to use such as their only real study sources, don't help the case. i.e., because of question T1B06 you may know that Technicians have an authorization for voice in the 10 meter band, or because of question T1B04 you may know that 146.52 is in the 2 meter band, but no questions on the test ask you what are the band edges of the 10 or 2 meter band, and no question asks what are all the frequencies or bands a Tech may use.

The less you have interaction with other hams during the studying or learning process, the more likely you will just study to the test. Online, individual, test preparation, especially question based, vs background information based, tends to make this worse.

And even if a new licensee does know "the information can be found in Part 97", sometimes people absorb information better when it is presented in different ways.

T!

k6cpo

Although I've noticed when someone's got their hands full trying to copy contact information during a QSO and whatever else we've got our hands full with, a cheat-sheet with frequency limits listed is an easy double-check that might make life a bit easier for some of us--one less thing to worry about--especially us forgetful, old geezers that are over 25 years old. Certainly no harm in that.

I keep a laminated copy of the ARRL graphic on my desk right in front of my HF radio. In addition, I have one of the Nifty guides that shows the band plans for the entire US amateur allocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.