Frequency 792.3625 In/Around Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

remay

Premium Subscriber
I have been picking up this frequency around Hendersonville and was wondering if anyone else can do so or am I picking up some imaging? The frequency points to the 853.73750 (2A5) P25 tower in the Tennessee Valley area.

ecps92

There are no base stations or control channels on 792 MHz. They would only be in the 746-776 range. What you are hearing is an image from an 800 MHz system.

The mobile/input part of the band is 776-806 MHz so any base stations, repeaters or control channels you hear there would be images or intermod. The base/output part is 746-776.

Image Frequencies - The RadioReference Wiki

I have been picking up this frequency around Hendersonville and was wondering if anyone else can do so or am I picking up some imaging? The frequency points to the 853.73750 (2A5) P25 tower in the Tennessee Valley area.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
What is the IF on the Pro-106? Take that number and add it to the 792 freq and see if it matches one of the know CCs. If not maybe they are using an unconventional setup.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
In the specs for the radio aka intermediate frequency. I looked at the manual and it is 21.4, multiples of which do not "add up" to 792.3625 to equal any of the TN Towers base frequencies. So the saga continues.

remay

Premium Subscriber
Some responses indicate that maybe my scanner is picking up images from the 800mhz band. I am using the Pro 106 which is known to have those problems. I was excited thinking maybe that I had found another frequency. I will ride further north to see if the frequency is infact an image. Thanks

nd5y

...they are using an unconventional setup.

The 700 MHz regional planning committees would never approve something like that and the FCC would never issue a license for it.

It's an image. GRE manufactured scanners are notorious for picking up 800 MHz stuff on 700 MHz. Get somebody with a Uniden scanner or some other type of receiver to listen on that frequency. They won't hear anything.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
I've had images like that before. Was hearing Metro PD on a 700 MHz freq one day. I don't believe there are any 700 MHz repeaters in the Nashville area. Closest one is Murfreesboro I think. I just know I don't pick up any at my location near the fairgrounds.

rma0100

Overton County SO & EMS have gone MOTOTRBO. The SO recently encrypted. Encryption possibilities a 40 digit encryyption key is possible from Motorola. Putnam County has also gone MOTO but have not encrypted yet.

Overton SO 155.550 Mhz (Enc)
Overton EMS 154.325
Putnam County SO 155.655

There are other MOTO channelas up but not in use yet. Scan the 155 area and you'll find numerous MOTO CARRIES. A spectrum analyzer is not necessary but a real plus.

ki4lev

I'll be staying in the Madison area Monday and Tuesday. I'll tune in my uniden 396xt and give it a listen. I'll repost if I hear anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.