Frequency 793.89675 & 795.146875

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsvm2005

OK I was scanning yesterday trough all the frequencies and came on this frequency 793.89675 and 795.146875 there's traffic going on there but it sounds like its part of a trunk system. The reason I am saying this is becasue I hear a transmission going out but then dont hear the 2nd person. sometimes I hear the 2 transmissions going on too, and I also hear other transmissions going on too. For example today I hear the beeps for a fire and also I heard a cop stopping a car giving out the LP's. after a while I heard someone asking where something was in a building. This is going on 793.89675 frequency and on the other it sounds like is part of Mcallen Pd dispatch the reason I say that is that the same dispacther that comes in on the Mcallen channels is the sameone on this frequency. But there is only for asking for case # or talking to the Sgt. or Lt. It sounds like its a information channel.

I am wondering if anyone around my area has heard this.

I will keep on monitoring this channels to see if I could come up where they are from. I anyone has any info please let me know

Thank you

Dsvm2005

redhelmet13

You are hearing an image and not the actual system Subtract 2 times the if freq of the receiver and you get an image. Please someone correct me. Going on deeply buried and mostly forgotten knowledge...

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
redhelmet is correct. I'd even guess this was happening on a PSR500 which is prone to images in the 79X area from the 850-870MHz range. I'd guess that you were hearing the Edinburg EDACS. I had this problem on my 500 from a local EDACS system that was in this range. See this thread where I was hearing images in the Bexar County area.

dsvm2005

i dont think it was from edinburg I think it was from harlingen and the other one from mcallen I was not able to get the edinburg edacs pd only the fire one but it didnt sounded like it was from edinburg. I heard them say a street name from harlingen.

I have the PSR500

how do you do a specturm sweep I read it on my previous post about the hidalgo county going digital

Thank you

dsvm2005

cool I have done that sweep but i dont get anything from anyone at all. I am currently monotoring this big fire that is happening somewhere in edinburg but the sweeper wont pick that at all. Also was is the special for?

Thank you for the help on this.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
i dont think it was from edinburg I think it was from harlingen and the other one from mcallen

Maybe from the Pharr EDACS? Do you hear little beeps after the transmission ends? I've never heard of an instance happening from a Moto TRS (I noticed a lot were in your area and they are in the frequency range that is typical of this problem in the PSR-500; McAllen, Mission, Weslaco ISD, Brownsville, CamCo Olmito, CamCo Port Isabel and Harlingen all fit into the Moto 800MHz TRS profile from your area; that's 7 different TRSs)... but someone else might chime in.

dsvm2005

yeap that's what I found out today. I was scanning them realized that its harlingen and mcallen 800 MHZ

I was excited thought I had founded Alamo PD I am still looking for them.

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.