Frequency Coverage..

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

Hello, One of the fire departments in the neighboring county uses 154.355 for the main repeater, However, after the page they switch to their repeater frequency, Ok, I can hear when the dispatcher pages them out on that frequency, I cannot hear when a unit answers dispatch, Once they switch to their repeater frequency, i cannot hear anything at all... I am using a Pro 97, PSR 500, And also a RS 2025 but none of them pick it up, I'm about 50 feet up in the air...Anyone have any suggestions? or reason why it is?

KC0QNB

What is the name of the neighboring county? county seat?
EDIT: what is the dispatch freq?

Last edited:

btritch

Dispatch Frequency is 154.355
Then every department has their own repeater frequencies they switch to...

On Dispatch I can only hear dispatch, Not replys, ON the repeaters, Nothing... The county will Be Craighead County...The city of Jonesboro uses Digital, But the county departments are still analog, Here's the link if it helps...

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=123

I'm just one county North, About 2o miles at the most I'd say...

KC0QNB

start here you have a challenge ahead of you 15 license hits most might have multiple freqs program them all in and listen, this is a case where an older analog scanner as a back up might be handy, have fun

Last edited:

KC0QNB

Dispatch Frequency is 154.355
Then every department has their own repeater frequencies they switch to...

On Dispatch I can only hear dispatch, Not replys, ON the repeaters, Nothing... The county will Be Craighead County...The city of Jonesboro uses Digital, But the county departments are still analog, Here's the link if it helps...

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=123

I'm just one county North, About 2o miles at the most I'd say...

Of course I didn't click the rr link I just went to the source sorry abt that

btritch

When I click the link you provided about the 15 license, It gives me a search error... I didn't find 15 licenses, Just the ones's listed on RR..
Shouldn't you still be able to hear them answer back to dispatch on the tone out freq. though, Also, Wouldn't you hear them on theirs, I can run all of then listed on RR and not hear a thing most of the time.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
When I look at the RR DB, I don't see any repearters for the local fire departments. They are all simplex (the input frequency column is empty). To me this means that the dispatch is a base station, able to reach everyone for the call out.

Once the units respond, they are on a lower powered simplex system. One you could hear if you were 2 or 3 miles away, but not one you will be able to hear 20 miles away.

MFD4305

Did You Try...

When I click the link you provided about the 15 license, It gives me a search error... I didn't find 15 licenses, Just the ones's listed on RR..
Shouldn't you still be able to hear them answer back to dispatch on the tone out freq. though, Also, Wouldn't you hear them on theirs, I can run all of then listed on RR and not hear a thing most of the time.

... 156.180, specifically? It's the only repeater/mobile frequency in the list for that county.
Just a guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.