Frequency Detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Morning all,

I have two scanners, the Uniden HomePatrol 2 and the Uniden BCD325P2. For the BCD325P2 I uploaded the database from RR Premium while the HP2 has the stock programming that it comes with out of the box (never messed with it aside from avoiding a few crappy frequencies that are too far away or encrypted so come in garbled).

I have noticed that the BCD325P2 picks up a lot more frequencies than the HP2 does. As a test I manually set one of the frequencies I was hearing on the BCD325P2 into the HP2 and it did pick it up so both units are able to detect the frequencies.

So my question is am I missing something basic that is permitting the BCD325P2 to pick up frequencies automatically that the HP2 is skipping over? Even if the database was a couple of years old I would have thought the frequencies would be the same given that they both are able to hear them?

Thanks in advance and apologies for the newbie questions.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Nope update the HP firmware and the db as it is updated weekly. Things change sometimes on daily basis in the db.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

phask

Premium Subscriber
What he said :) Plus check service types to make sure you have ones enabled that cover what you need.

marksmith

Morning all,

I have two scanners, the Uniden HomePatrol 2 and the Uniden BCD325P2. For the BCD325P2 I uploaded the database from RR Premium while the HP2 has the stock programming that it comes with out of the box (never messed with it aside from avoiding a few crappy frequencies that are too far away or encrypted so come in garbled).

I have noticed that the BCD325P2 picks up a lot more frequencies than the HP2 does. As a test I manually set one of the frequencies I was hearing on the BCD325P2 into the HP2 and it did pick it up so both units are able to detect the frequencies.

So my question is am I missing something basic that is permitting the BCD325P2 to pick up frequencies automatically that the HP2 is skipping over? Even if the database was a couple of years old I would have thought the frequencies would be the same given that they both are able to hear them?

Thanks in advance and apologies for the newbie questions.
If you are just using the full database with the zip code option on the HP2, but have specifically programmed Freescan selections from RR to the 325, that's your problem.

You need to create a favorites list in Sentinel (and turn off the full database) that is basically the same as what you have programmed in the 325 to get the same results. The HP2 is every bit as capable as the 325.

Have both radios. Never use the full database unless traveling with GPS control.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

marksmith

Much obliged, friends. :)
The other thing to check is that the service types desired are turned on in the HP2.

The 325 has no comparable option, but not having law enforcement tactical enabled in the service types will stop the radio from receiving, even though it is very close, in zip code, etc.

This is also true once you have the info in favorites lists.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.