• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Frequency Equation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOH6713

Does anyone know the frequency equation for RX to TX when putting the frequencies of an 800mhz. stystem in programmer? you know like if the RX is 856.71250 then the TX =?

DOH6713

thanks. what would cause it to be somthing different? The system I am on is just an EDAC analog, no pv or p25 or esk. All we have is just 1 site with 12 freqs. If that makes any diff at all.

ILMRadioMan

What system are you trying to listen to?

Is it listed on this site?

That being said, its VERY rare to find an 800 MHz repeated freq that isnt a 45 split.

I would say generally the only reason it wouldnt be 45 is if there is a place where 800 MHz is ABSOLUTELY needed but the spectrum just doesnt allow it for some reason.

But as I said....it almost NEVER happens.

So I might recommend you double check to ensure it isnt a mistake on your end that is making you think the input isnt -45

DOH6713

i'm not thinking anything because i really dont know what the split is? he said "Generaly" which means exactly that, that there are certain instances where its different. Im just making sure my area isnt one of thoughs exceptions or absolute 800mhz areas, because quite frankly even if it was i wouldnt have anyway of knowing with out some one telling me. Like you telling me that only an absolute 800mhz. area would be different, i didnt know that. thats why i am asking. I know my areas RX freq.s but not the TX which, to my knowledge and from what i see, you need both when entering in the system freqs in ProGrammer. all i ever see is just the RX freqs posted. I knew there was an equation i just didnt know what it was. Someone else wrote the personality from are and ive lost it so i dont know what the split and i'm having to configure it manual. I do know what I am doing in ProGrammer i just didnt remember the split equation. The 2 areas of interst are on here, 1 in west texas and the other is in Canada.(i know. dont ask)

Status
Not open for further replies.