Frequency for 16th Mall Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandude65

I have noticed some security on the mall these past few days, they are wearing very highlighted green or yellow uniforms along with caps, they carry radios and I was wondering if anyone knows the radio frequency they use ?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed some security on the mall these past few days, they are wearing very highlighted green or yellow uniforms along with caps, they carry radios and I was wondering if anyone knows the radio frequency they use ?

DPD Dist 6 provides lots of security on the mall. Including cars, bikes, horses, on-foot and now segways as well.

RTD provides lots of security on the mall

Downtown Denver Partnership provides lots of guest related services and have radios but I don't believe they provide security.

Jim<

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I have seen those folks for at least six months or more. They are not DPD and they don't have fancy EDACS radios, they appear to be simple analog. I've logged several low-power frequencies that could be related to 16th Street Mall, most notably:

*461.6875, 205 DPL
*462.1750, 051 DPL (Independence Plaza?)
*463.5875, 371 DPL (possibly LODO-area vendor operations or security)

I suspect it may be difficult to confirm this frequency without hanging around close enough to hear the radios directly. In that area there are TONS of simplex or low-power half-duplex UHF frequencies; I've logged dozens of them. If you sit nearby with headphones and put your scanner in search mode from 450-469.9875, you should be able to find the freq. they are using if you wait long enough.

Scandude65

Downtown Partnership

I was wondering the frequency that they use, they say BID
Ambassador on the uniforms. They do provide hospitality and do some security for the mall. Thanks and if anyone knows the frequency I would appreciate it. They use Vertex
standard radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.