Frequency Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rconk312

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I am programing a radio for my cousin as a Christmas present. He is a volunteer with Freehold fire and Free hold EMS. I was wondering if anyone has the frequencies input and receive and PL codes for bot departments, I was also wondering if any one can tell me how there radios are set up ? I want to try to keep his radio as similar to the FD ones as possible for ease of operation for him. Lastly I was hoping that some one could give me the Quick call II tones so that his radio can also work as a pager. Thanks in advance for the help with this Christmas present.

joshua86

the input,output, and ctcss/dcs tones are all in the database. In order to see the input frequancies you have to click the "Show input frequencies" button

Rconk312

Premium Subscriber
i checked there and they only have the recieve frequencies for alot of the monmouth county fire frequencies as well. is the system down there simplex?

DJ88

The three repeater frequencies you mentioned, Tinton Falls, Brielle, and Asbury Park Fireground are actually licensed to the individual municipalities. At one time those municipalities self dispatched fire and EMS, but turned over dispatching to county, When county took over, the frequencies were integrated into the county system.

KC2zZe

Before you go through all the effort (it maybe too late for this warning already), make sure your cousin has permission from both agencies to use a non-agency radio while on duty. If I were a communications officer of the respective agencies I would want to insure that it's type-accepted and not some MARS modified hammie equipment and that it's programmed (a) within the specs of the radio and (b) within the specs and standard feature settings of the system(s) he's trying to use it on. Seen too many cases of equipment that was "toolboxed" to operate out of band and had features not in the right spots (dial/keypad locks on the wrong buttons...if at all). It's not just the safety of the your cousin/member that's involved. A partner of his picking up the radio in an emergency should know what to tap to unlock the keypad while under stress. It would be one thing if he/she is using the portable off duty and between the time when the tones drop and when he/she gets to the station; but if he/she is planning on taking the radio out of the car after arrival at the station and/or a scene...he/she might be asking for a problem if unapproved.

Last edited:

mondaro

Feed Provider
I think the best practice is if your don't have permission to talk on a M/A channel and you need to report something etc etc, use your cell phone, Less stress for everyone and the cry babies and radio police out there in radio land will leave you alone.

Happy New Year.

Tony

Rconk312

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the information. The radio is a Motorola and manufactured to his bands. I don't mess with anything that's not factory. Not skilled enough for tat and its not worth it i understand what can happen being in emergency services my self. There are a bunch of guys at his department that have there own radios as well. They are allowed to have the mutual aid frequencies i am going to program the radio as closely to theirs as possible. I had to let the cat out of the bag to him so he can get the Tones and such from his department. It will also be made to be used as a pager as well.

Also the mutual aid channels arent there for him to report stuff and he is aware of that, i explained to him that he should only use those when he is on a call and assigned to those channels.

Rconk312

Premium Subscriber
Also since the county has those three channels that were turned over to them, are they still used as repeated channels ?

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. Monmouth County will be going trunked although the highband fire and ems frequencies will remain. These frequencies, i believe the terminology is, will be "piggy backed" onto the trunked system. A new communications center is under construction and is due to be completed by spring of 2013. The RR database is usually up to snuff but as I back up I use KC2KZZ. This one can not be downloaded like the RR database can!
Kevin K O'Brien
p s - Trish a cousin or relative?

Status
Not open for further replies.