frequency help

Status
Not open for further replies.

chazcarly

How come if I look up The town of Butler NJ, Morris county, it does not show the Butler Power Co. but if I search BUTLER it shows up Butler Power & Light??????
My Question is Why is it not under the Butler heading????
Thanks
Matt

ecps92

Hard to Guess, but most likely [assumptions]

a.) The City/Town listings are typically for Municipal Agencies
b.) All info is based on user submissions - if something is in error, Submit the change
c.) Butler Power Co in name implies a CORP not a Municipality
d.) Butler Power & Light - too generic to determine if Govt or Corp.

Also, not sure where you are looking this up.
RR DB, RR Wiki, FCC, all license reports in a County ?

I'm sure, when they get a chance, a NJ DB Admin will chime in, give them time

How come if I look up The town of Butler NJ, Morris county, it does not show the Butler Power Co. but if I search BUTLER it shows up Butler Power & Light??????
My Question is Why is it not under the Butler heading????
Thanks
Matt

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
- Utility companies are listed on their own page on the Other Agencies tab. They are not listed on the main county page under the municipality.

- I assume you are searching the FCC listings, as there is no "Butler Power Co." anywhere in the RR database. If you search for "Butler" in the NJ FCC listings, you will find "BUTLER MUNICIPAL POWER & LIGHT" and "BUTLER MUNICIPAL POWER AND LIGHT CO" with two licensed frequencies: 173.210 under WPBE941 and 464.550 under WPMM477. The reason neither frequency is listed in the RR database is because no one has submitted them as verified usage.

Even if they were in the database, they wouldn't be under Butler anyway, per my first point.

chazcarly

- Utility companies are listed on their own page on the Other Agencies tab. They are not listed on the main county page under the municipality.

- I assume you are searching the FCC listings, as there is no "Butler Power Co." anywhere in the RR database. If you search for "Butler" in the NJ FCC listings, you will find "BUTLER MUNICIPAL POWER & LIGHT" and "BUTLER MUNICIPAL POWER AND LIGHT CO" with two licensed frequencies: 173.210 under WPBE941 and 464.550 under WPMM477. The reason neither frequency is listed in the RR database is because no one has submitted them as verified usage.

Even if they were in the database, they wouldn't be under Butler anyway, per my first point.

Thank You !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.