Frequency mismatch on Pro-2046

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
I recently picked up a 2046 at a garage sale and just have had a chance to play with it a little. I am noticing that frequencies on the display seem to be substantially off. For instance on both my BCT15 and 396T Dallas SW PD is on 460.4250 (as does the RR db). On my 2046, I get nothing on that channel, but tuned to 482.1250 I receive it loud and clear.

Am I missing something obvious or is it possible that the readout is miscalibrated??

Just thought I'd ask since I know nothing about this radio and do not have the manual.

Seems very odd.

Thanks for any help.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
Odd, this one is. Now, why it receives it on 482.125 is understandable, as that's the second IF Image on that scanner. (second IF is 10.85, so the image is 21.7 MHz 'above' the real signal, usually). 460.125 + 21.7 = 482.125

Why it's not 'hearing' it on the original channel, that's hard to guess. Tried entering 460.1125 or 460.1375? I'd fear a possible memory failure in the chip, so it wasn't 'holding' the correct frequency, but if that was the case, it shouldn't display it correctly, either... I think.

Tried turning on attenuation on that channel? Might be overloading due to close transmitter, or somesuch.

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
Thanks...

I downloaded the Operation manual and RESET the unit. Now it seems to be tuning correctly. Man is the operation different compared to what I am used to.. LOL

This scanner will work well for the Dallas PD as they are not trunked. Too bad there isn't any alphanumeric labels, but heck...I got the thing for basically free.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.