Frequency Queston

Status
Not open for further replies.

1clo1

Can any one tell me if my analog scanner will scan frequencies that are listed as Public Safety Pool, Conventional? if so how do i know if they are trunked and how do i get the TGs if they are?

Thanks for all your help?

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
If the frequencies are listed as conventional then they are not trunked. Secondly, it will depend on what mode is listed on the right hand side (FM, FMN, P25, NXDN, TRBO). The P25 means digital and an analog scanner cannot receive those. The NXDN & TRBO cannot be received by any scanner without some extra work. The Ines marked FM & FMN can be heard with an analog scanner unless they are encrypted.
To answer your question about TGs...you go to the database home page, click on the state you want to get info on, then the county. At the bottom of the page is the trunked systems listed, click on the trunked system you want & it will show all of the known TG.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

1clo1

i got these frequencies from the FCC websiteso i dont know what type of system it is how can i find out i cant seem to find them in the RR data base

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
OK. You would have to look at the emissions listed in the FCC db in order to have an idea of what they are (analog or digital). It's not exact because I have seen where the emissions are listed as one mode & the frequencies are used in another mode. Could you post a link to the FCC page & I will look at it & see? Or a call sign or frequency & user info?

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
That works. From just a quick look at the FCC listing it appears all these are analog conventional frequencies. Also I looked up that city in the RR db & from what I can see my guess is that the city used to use these frequencies you are asking about but has now switched to the digital trunking system. Without being in that area I couldn't say for sure. So my educated guess is that although these frequencies are still licensed they are probably not in use anymore. However, they appear to be all analog based on the emissions designators listed. The emissions designators are the numbers & letters just to the bright if the frequency that begin with either 11 or 20 in this particular case. There is a wiki page here in RR that explains what each one of the means. So if you were to plug those into your scanner you may or may not hear anything since it appears Lakeside has switched to the trunking system. The only one listed in the db is the 453.700 which is public works. I hope this helps. You may also ask around in the Colorado forum to see if someone there may be able to tell you if Lakeside still uses those. Since they are not listed in the db I would have to say they are no longer used.

1clo1

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.3; HTC_Amaze_4G Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/32.0.1700.99 Mobile Safari/537.36)

davewhall29 said:
That works. From just a quick look at the FCC listing it appears all these are analog conventional frequencies. Also I looked up that city in the RR db & from what I can see my guess is that the city used to use these frequencies you are asking about but has now switched to the digital trunking system. Without being in that area I couldn't say for sure. So my educated guess is that although these frequencies are still licensed they are probably not in use anymore. However, they appear to be all analog based on the emissions designators listed. The emissions designators are the numbers & letters just to the bright if the frequency that begin with either 11 or 20 in this particular case. There is a wiki page here in RR that explains what each one of the means. So if you were to plug those into your scanner you may or may not hear anything since it appears Lakeside has switched to the trunking system. The only one listed in the db is the 453.700 which is public works. I hope this helps. You may also ask around in the Colorado forum to see if someone there may be able to tell you if Lakeside still uses those. Since they are not listed in the db I would have to say they are no longer used.

Ok I am confused now, you say they may have switched to digital trunking but I was unable to locate that info in the db can you point me in the right direction.
Thanks

captclint

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.3; HTC_Amaze_4G Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/32.0.1700.99 Mobile Safari/537.36)Ok I am confused now, you say they may have switched to digital trunking but I was unable to locate that info in the db can you point me in the right direction.
Thanks
One thing you can do is search of other licenses. If you click on the bottom of the page, you will see: FCC ULS Listing for this callsign. Click on it and look for the FRN: 0007738891 Now go here and enter the FRN in the FRN drop down list. License Search
This will show new or digital licenses, but there aren't any. That does not mean that they didn't switch to a county system, or a different FRN. You might get more info if you ask if they are still using KSW929 in the CO forum.

Last edited:

N8IAA

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.3; HTC_Amaze_4G Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/32.0.1700.99 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Ok I am confused now, you say they may have switched to digital trunking but I was unable to locate that info in the db can you point me in the right direction.
Thanks

1clo1, they have switched to a digital system. Go to the RR database, click on Colorado, click on your county, click on the Statewide system. It is P-25 digital. Your county has a ton of TGID's on the system.
HTH,
Larry

1clo1

I do see the digital for the Lakeside pd but not for Lakeside park, so I'm assuming that the park is still on the analog system, unless I missed the park tg?

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber

I do see the digital for the Lakeside pd but not for Lakeside park, so I'm assuming that the park is still on the analog system, unless I missed the park tg?

There is no TG for the park, so you may be right. The park is not listed in the DB anywhere so I couldn't be for sure. You may want to program the frequencies in and see what you get.

1clo1

so my assumption is correct that the original frequencies are not digital nor trunked so i should be able to scan them with a standard analog scanner?

1clo1

Status
Not open for further replies.