Frequency + Scanner (plugin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

airforceflyr

Is anyone using the freq Mgr + scanner to sweep VHF airband? If so, please share you're settings.

-min signal strength value
-scanner configuration window values & check boxes

I'm getting inconsistent results when using the 'scan frequencies' tab when sweeping 118-136mhz. Mainly with SDR# skipping over freqs that it should be halting on.. I'm thinking the trick to this is in the performance tab but have yet to find the sweet spot

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk 2

moonbounce

I have Frequency Manager and Scanner running on versions 1114, 1193, 1231,1260, and 1270 of SDR Sharp and i have not had much luck getting it to stop on any frequency in any of the versions.
One other thing I have found is that it each version that I use the Frequecy Manager Scanner on, the frequency will be about 20K off center frequency of where it is supposed to be. I have tried to center it with no success.

MB

moonbounce

So today I am once again trying to figure out why my Frequency Manager + Scanner will not stop on any frequency and here is what I found. The problem was that the computer was interfering with the dongle making it deaf to RF signals. The dongle had been plugged directly into the usb port, so I unplugged the R820T dongle, got a long USB extension cord and moved the dongle eight feet away from the computer. The results were instantanious, the FM+S was now hitting every frequency that popped up.

I think I am now going to make a metal enclosure for the RTL dongle and see if how that works.

moonbounce

What I am finding now is that when running the FM+S the read out will be for example 142367200 instead of 142675000. I have used the Snap to Grid command with no luck, and I have tried the Frequency correction (ppm) but that changes nothing, so it is like you are always running out of alignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.