Frequency Search - Database Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rx805

Please forgive me if this has been asked before, but after searching I was unable to find anything specific.

What is the extent of the RadioRef. Database - is it limit to just state & local freqs? Is there a way to see a master list? It seems the local listings are void of ham freqs which is popular. Also SWL would be nice too.

Additionally I noticed a free user can't search for a specific freq. Yet, under the description of the free account services it lists view access to the database. How does one view a DB entry if they can't enter a specific freq. ?

Thanks in advance...

Rx805

Thx 4 the quick reply...

Hmm, that raises the question: If search is not included then why is it offered to free users?
Is the DB limited to state & county agencies only?

Rx805

233 views and only 1 partial answer....

Perhaps my 1st question was mis-leading[?]. Instead I have a suggestion, on the DB home page, consider adding "Premium Member search" to the advanced search title bar. This will make it less confusing to new users.

On my 2nd question I guess I'll have to assume that the list/DB is limited to state and county freqs - which is very limited when considering the spectrum of fequencies. Like many I have ham, swl, air etc. in my collection.

With that said, if the owner of this site wants to encourage members to upgrade they should better define the scope of the information that's available.

73's

rakerland

Database

From my understanding as a new user myself, there are features unavailable as a non paid user compared to a paid user.

One feature is the frequency search of the database. Which my understanding is that the database is user submitted. Meaning all of the counties or businesses have been submitted by a member. This includes the FCC Liscense, Name, Frequency(Input or Output of the repeater) and the PL/DPL CCSST code (whatever the right one is).

As a normal member I can not search for a specific frequency and get all of the information for it. But....

Under "Search FCC Licenses By State" I can get the information for all of the Licenses for the state and narrow it down by the counties around me. It does require a bit of searching.

The members of this site come from many different background that I have noticed. Many listen to different aspects of radio and related fields.

Is there anyone else that can confirm for me that the database is user submitted (upon approval) and that the more members submit the more info we have available????

I hope this helps a little bit

Yes they do rely on members such as ourselfs if you have something new to add. The admin also does add their findings also. It's a community effort per say.

hfxChris

Database Admin
On my 2nd question I guess I'll have to assume that the list/DB is limited to state and county freqs - which is very limited when considering the spectrum of fequencies. Like many I have ham, swl, air etc. in my collection.

I think you may be confused. The database is organized by state and then further by county, to make it easier to find information relative to your specific area.
Stuff that is included in the database includes public safety (police, fire, EMS, EMO, military), public works/parks, businesses, airports, rail and some amateur radio stuff, most notable Skyward/ARES stuff.
Stuff that is not included pretty much just includes ham repeaters (except as noted above) & SWL.

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.