Frequency Shuffling with ARC Software and STARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugene

Greetings. I didn't quite know in which site to post this as it has to do with both ARC Software, and with STARS system CC's. I figured since it has to do with the STARS system I would give it a shot here. Apologies if it is in the wrong forum. I have ARC 500 / 996 / XT software. I notice that after I program the STARS CC channels into the XT , 500 and 996 software in a VERY SPECIFIC order, and then save, that 1-2 days later (not right away as I check it immediately after saving) I recheck and notice the frequencies have been randomly shuffled, some duplicated and some actually dropped. I thought I may be going nuts (as I admit I am not perfect) so I reprogram them and again the same result with the same frequencies duplicated and the same ones dropped and they are rearranged in the same order. So I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this, It does not do this on 800 MHz trunked systems (probably due to there only being 4-5 CC's) and it does not do this on the ARC996 software( which is a good bit older than the ARC 500 and XT software). Any idea's what may be up with this. Is it a case of possession?? I am at a loss. Thanks in advance.

Eugene KG4AVE.

W4UVV

Trying to understand the problem.

To hopefully summarize, are you saying only your Butel 500/600 software rearranges,duplicates, and deletes various STARS site's frequencies?

I bought Butel 500/600 software years ago and used it briefly before I knew of the availability of Win500 software which I have used ever since. I also have the Butel 396T/996T and 396XT/996XT software. I have used both software versions and still use the 396XT/996XT version frequently and never had any such problem.

To research and test your problem using my old Butel 500/600 software I would have to create various STARS sites data files and test them. Instead I recommend you purchase Win500, install the latest drivers, rebuild your various data files including the various STARS sites and eliminate the problem.

John
W4UVV

Eugene

John: I have the Butel 500/600 and 396XT/996XT software. You summarize correctly. It does this n the 500/600 and 396XT software and not the 996XT software. The 996 software is about 2 years older than the 396XT and 500/600 software. Don't know if that has anything to do with it. That does sound like a better idea. If your software is older that 1-2 years it may .not reproduce the problem. Thanks for the info.

Eugene KG4AVE

W4UVV

Which is it?

John: I have the Butel 500/600 and 396XT/996XT software. You summarize correctly. It does this n the 500/600 and 396XT software and not the 996XT software. The 996 software is about 2 years older than the 396XT and 500/600 software. Don't know if that has anything to do with it. That does sound like a better idea. If your software is older that 1-2 years it may .not reproduce the problem. Thanks for the info.

Eugene KG4AVE

Which is it? First you posted it additionally was a 396T software problem. Now you post it additionally is a 396XT software problem.

The Butel ARC XT software package supports programing for both the 396XT and 996XT models. I have both Uniden scanner models and use the same software to program both of them. I never have had any problem subsequently programing either scanner.

This appears more like an operator problem(s) vice a software error(s). Perhaps it is one or more action(s) you are doing incorrectly somewhere; not sure where I got lost.

Good luck.

John
W4UVV

Eugene

I never mentioned 396T in my original post, I said "I have ARC 500 / 996 / XT software. " XT inferring 396XT. So it is a 396XT problem. It may be operator error which has been reproduced on two different and subsequent occasions, I don't know. And I also didn't know that XT software supported the 396XT as well as the 996XT or I would not have bought both. That being said...I guess that if the problem persists, I will either get new software...or the cheaper and more tedious way would be to put them in manually.

Eugene KG4AVE

Status
Not open for further replies.