Frequency Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAYSO

So we recently got assigned a new frequency but another company is using the same freq in a different part of the state so I am concerned that we may "Bash Heads" in our communications. Is it dumb that I'm afraid or should it be fine?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Not enough info given. Is your company FCC licensed or are you using common business frequencies or MURS? How far away geographically is "another company"? How much power output company A vs company B? What's the topography like? Too many variables come into play
This is the main reason why CTCSS & DCS tones, DMR Color Codes, NXDN RAN codes, etc were created

Last edited:

ecps92

Business Licenses do tend to share frequencies. As do Public Safety - they are generally not assigned [rare] for Statewide use.

As John mentioned, the use of tones usually prevents you and they from hearing each others, unless "off hook" aka Microphone is off the hook, drops PL/DPL/NAC

You should be fine, but more info would help refine the answer.

How about the Callsign and Freq ?
So we recently got assigned a new frequency but another company is using the same freq in a different part of the state so I am concerned that we may "Bash Heads" in our communications. Is it dumb that I'm afraid or should it be fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.