Frequencys Jamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmkornegay

Ok I live in Starkville and found out that the police frequeny's have been jamed. Is there any thing I can do
to unjam these channels? Here is a list of the ones that Im having trouble with.

DELCOLHFC

"Jamming" ?

You haven't provided much info here.....
What exactly do mean by "jammed"?
What are you seeing or hearing thats causing problems?
Have you been successful in the recent past monitoring this system?
Did this situation recently change?
Are you able to recieve traffic from any of the other sites on the system? Or any of the other agencies on the Starksville site?
What make and model scanner are you using, manually programming or software?
I am not from the area but I am willing to help you troubleshoot this issue, but first we will need to know more about the situation.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber

tmkornegay

I have a pro 163 and I have programed it my self. I have been hearing them for about 1 year now. Now all I hear is buzzing on these channels. And yes I can hear ever thing else but what I describe. As far as I know nothing has change. And these are not trucking channels.
Thanks for any help

tmkornegay

All I know is someone on the police dept. said that they did somthing so no one can hear them on scanners. This as been done before when I had my BC350 and I took it apart and tuned it in on there singal. I want to know if you can do this on a pro 163. I guess the correct term is scrambled. I have never heard any thing on the truck system. Mybe I just need to get a USB cable and program it that way case this is my frist trucking scanner. Not trying to be a pain in the but. just need to fgure this out.

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
You do need to program them as a trunked system. If you have them programed as conventional you can still here activity on the frequencies but you would not be able to follow a conversation as the conversation would take place on multiple frequncies. If they are the control channels you will only here buzzing. If the police did something to make impossible to here on a scanner they would have to switch to an encrypted broadcast. If that is the case you will be able to hear it on a scanner or modify the scanner to decode it, even if you could modify it, it is illeagle to do so.

JoeyC

If the police did something to make impossible to here on a scanner they would have to switch to an encrypted broadcast. If that is the case you will be able to hear it on a scanner or modify the scanner to decode it, even if you could modify it, it is illeagle to do so.

No. There is no modification to decode modern day encryption. It will never happen, besides the illegal part.

The simple answer to this guys inquiry is that the freqs he is listening to are part of an EDACS trunked system that apparently has switched to ProVoice modulation from analog. So, what the cop said was correct. They did something that will prevent hearing them on a scanner. You cannot hear ProVoice on a scanner other than the digital noise. You could get a ProVoice radio and listen, but never on a scanner. ProVoice is not encryption.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Really? I wish someone had told me that when I bought my ProVoice radios.

Deja vu? Name change? Are you posting as both davidbond21 and tmkornegay -- because I think that is a TOS violation.

davidbond21

Deja vu? Name change? Are you posting as both davidbond21 and tmkornegay -- because I think that is a TOS violation.

Aside from my earlier snark, all I meant by my earlier post is that it is not difficult to obtain ProVoice equipment. It just takes time(if relying on the availability in the used market) and money(even more so if you don't want to wait for something to come up on ebay and buy from a dealer). Perhaps you'd like to raise the considerations of programming and other difficulties that a person with a radio in hand might come up against before they're ever listening to a digital system. That's an important caveat I would say to just being able to purchase a radio off the internet.

I wholeheartedly encourage you to submit my name to an admin on suspicion of TOS violations. I promise you it won't turn out how you think it will when they run the IP address checks. Maybe it's because I've been antagonistic towards your expressed views on the availability of ProVoice equipment and/or the ability to even monitor it before in past threads?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.