Win500: Fresh Start with Win500

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwier

The last time I used Win500 was two or three computers ago. I recently purchased a new license and I have successfully installed the software on my computer. I am unable to connect to RR through the software.

I have checked my User Name and Password in RR. When I enter said User Name and Password in Win500, and attempt to hook up with the RRDB, I get the attached screen grab.

https://forums.radioreference.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=60634&stc=1&d=1503066748

Anyone know how to break through this blockage? THANKS!!!

Attachments

• Win500snafu.JPG
    Win500snafu.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 256

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The last time I used Win500 was two or three computers ago. I recently purchased a new license and I have successfully installed the software on my computer. I am unable to connect to RR through the software.

I have checked my User Name and Password in RR. When I enter said User Name and Password in Win500, and attempt to hook up with the RRDB, I get the attached screen grab.

https://forums.radioreference.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=60634&stc=1&d=1503066748

Anyone know how to break through this blockage? THANKS!!!

You're using the latest version 2.08? I would check any internet security program blocking the inbound connection and disable any firewall/s for a test.

rwier

You're using the latest version 2.08? I would check any internet security program blocking the inbound connection and disable any firewall/s for a test.

Yes on the Version.

Had to turn off:

Win Patrol WAR Explorer
Win Privacy Explorer
Windows Firewal

Web Import with Win500 now processes smooth as silk!

Thank you so much for the QUICK SOLUTION!!!

Embarrassing actually, lol.

DJ11DLN

Antivirus/anti-malware/other security programs can be pretty problematic with this type of software, turning them off or adding the application to the whitelist for the security stuff is always a good place to start. Sorry to hear you had to purchase a new license. After my laptop was stolen last year, I just re-downloaded Win500 onto the replacement, dug up my license key, plugged it in, and all was good.

Now if I could just get to like Windows 10 even half as much as I liked Windows 7.:mad:

rwier

" ... Sorry to hear you had to purchase a new license ... "

All self inflicted, lol. Actually glad to purchase again since over so many years so much assistance was given.

rwier

I was super rusty with the Win500 and/or it is nowhere near as simple as Sentinel and ProScan (I know, different scanner family). Getting my old 500 marching in lockstep with the HP-1s, the 436, and an old 996T, took me about 3.5 hours (very frustrating). Worth it though ... like watching a miracle when it happens. Only scanning 4 TGs and one Site. All 4 scanners perfectly matched like the 4 Clydesdales, lol. Close to 100% coverage of the Phoenix PD 200 and 900 TGs. The notorious RWC Simulcast monster tamed like puppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.