Fresno Area: Check if 406.2125 active

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
Two years ago, I monitored a P25 control channel on 406.2125 as I was driving through Fresno County along I-5. It was added to the DB, but we did not receive any additional information.

If anyone is in the Fresno County area and wouldn't mind checking to see if it's still active, it would be appreciated. If it's not, I'd like to remove it from the DB.

A link to the system is below:
Unknown Gov UHF Trunking System, , California - Scanner Frequencies

A link to original thread is below:
http://forums.radioreference.com/ca...8113-new-fed-400mhz-system-fresno-county.html

Side note, it could be FCI Mendota, but at the time of the discovery, it hadn't been completely built yet so we were unable to confirm.

Thanks!

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I have downloaded the details using Win500/Radio Ref, but I'm not fully familiar with Win500 to ensure this is programmed in and scanning. I see it as a TSYS Object in Win500, but I'm on the slow track here. I will update as things progress...I figure that part out.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I have downloaded the details using Win500/Radio Ref, but I'm not fully familiar with Win500 to ensure this is programmed in and scanning. I see it as a TSYS Object in Win500, but I'm on the slow track here. I will update as things progress...I figure that part out.
I would say first and foremost is see if you can hear the control channel. I wouldn't bother programming it in trunked mode if you don't. You'll never get positive confirmation that way.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Okay, I programmed in the control channel and gave it a red flashing light. I will see how it comes up on the hit count. (thank you Wayne)

Yes, my feed is down for PP. I'm having some ongoing trouble with the machine it was configured on, but there are plans for that to change in the future and eliminate that problem. I was not given an ETA on that.

I should change my signature...

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Okay, I finally got a hit on this. It's 7:55 pm Pacific Time. It's going non-stop just fast pulsing with a constant carrier. Going for about 15 minutes now. This pulse tone is wide from 406.205 - 406.220 on a VHF radio, but the signal itself is not that strong at it's highest on either radio.

All configured and heard some chatter really quick around 0430 UTC, so it's live and kicking. Based on just a few quick transmissions, I would say it is a facility as speculated in the other thread. I am not familiar with comms of that nature, but I'll keep it dialed in.

The pulse noise is still going on my VHF FM rig, even though I'm not hearing any voice transmissions on the scanner. This may be normal for digital. I am not experienced with that.

The facility is about 40 miles almost due West from me.

Last edited:

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
You're correct...I transposed the U with a V while also providing the frequency range. That particular transceiver is a dual band radio. The pulse noise signal is now intermittent. When I do hear the burst on the transceiver, the scanner also shows a signal, but nothing is heard.

I have not heard further voice communication during the day on the scanner, only that one time in the evening. I will continue to monitor. The scanner is a Pro-106.

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
OK sounds like a possibility its them. Can you provide an example of the comms you were hearing? Or maybe an audio recording?

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I am hearing some comms again. It's on now (7:37am) and I turned on the scanner about 7 AM. Comms are relatively short, but frequent. It is definitely a facility.

I have changed nothing here, so it is interesting that it has taken this long to hear something again. The signal is strong, but not full.

kma371

QRT
I am hearing some comms again. It's on now (7:37am) and I turned on the scanner about 7 AM. Comms are relatively short, but frequent. It is definitely a facility.

I have changed nothing here, so it is interesting that it has taken this long to hear something again. The signal is strong, but not full.

I have been able to confirm this is FCI Mendota. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.