Fresno County LE- playing musical frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SloScanMan_01

I am trying to find frequencies for some of the smaller cities in Fresno county, but for 2-3 years have been hindered by lack of knowledge and what seems to be constantly changing listings. Is anyone out there with solid intel that can give me a straight answer? I grow tired of programming in frequencies for some of the police departments in Fresno County, only to see the frequency listed on RR change 2 months later, and then again a few months after that. I have multiple listing for the following cities, mostly from here on RadioReference, dated between 2002 and 2011, and I hope someone on this forum can tell me which, if any is correct.

Here's what I have:
Firebaugh Police
(Version 1)
45.18 Ch. 1
45.28 Ch. 2

(Version 2)
45.28 Dispatch

(Version 3)
45.28 in/ 153.980 out Dispatch

(Version 4) (Also listed as public works)
153.980 Dispatch

(Version 5) (Also listed as Mendota- 2009-2010)
157.875 Dispatch
Note- No FCC License, contract info, or lease found

(Version 6) (Also listed as Mendota-2011)
152.615 Ch. 1
152.685 Ch. 2
Note- No FCC License, contract info, or lease found

Sanger Police
(Version 1)
858.7125 Dispatch (Old 800 Mhz Channel)

(Version 2)
152.045 Ch. 1
152.135 Ch. 2

(Version 3) (Listed as both Sheriff complete contract and as Sheriff Dispatch only contract- 2010-2011)
154.755 Dispatch

(Version 4) (Listed as FCSO Contracts Channel)
153.665 Dispatch

Reedley Police
(Version 1)
155.790 Dispatch ( AFAIK, this is the correct one.)

Version 2
152.135 Ch. 1
155.790 Ch. 2

Mendota Police
(See Firebaugh, 2009-2011 listings)

Kerman Police (Not listed in RR DB at all now)
(Version 1)
154.845 Dispatch

(Version 2) (AFAIK, this is still correct)
155.580 Dispatch (Dispatch is contracted w/ SO)
154.845 Tac

Parlier Police
(Version 1) (Listed as both SO complete contract and SO contract- dispatch only)
155.655 Dispatch

(Version 2) (Listed as FCSO contracts Channel)
153.665 Dispatch

Fowler Police (Not Listed in RR DB at all now)
155.655 Dispatch (Dispatch is contracted w/ SO)

So, you can see what I am up against. Any help would be appreciated in verifying and updating these. Lets make Fresno County complete and up to date, people! Thanks.

kma371

QRT
I know a lot of agencies in Fresno co contract with Fresno SO for police services or dispatch services.

That may be why some weren't listed.

The Fresno co SO stuff was updated recently and is 100% accurate.

I know someone there that may be able to clarify some stuff

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

kma371

QRT
Follow up on this. Someone was able to provide very accurate info with regards to fresno county. during my communications with this person, i tried to clarify what agencies were dispatched by whom, leaving the info blank until that was complete.

it appears this person is no longer a member here.

i updated what i could (contract city wise) from your list in your post.

if any corrections need to be made, please submit it to the DB and i will take care of it.

car5le

Premium Subscriber
I'm still here KMA371. Just changed my user name.

Let me see if I help out here. I'll just run down your list and each individually.
Firebaugh Police moved from VHF Low band to a VHF High band trunk system several years ago. A little over two years ago they moved back to a VHF High conventional system to be compatible with other agencies in Fresno County. 153.980 Is still their Public Works channel.

Mendota PD just came back to life as an agency about a year ago. They had been defunct for over 20 years. They dispatch through Firebaugh PD. The probable reason you can’t find any licensing information for any of the Firebaugh or Mendota PD channels is because the frequencies are owned by Cooks Communications, and leased to these agencies.

Sanger PD and Fire migrated from their 800MHz channels to a VHF High band system about 10 years ago. All the frequencies on their system are owned by Cooks communication. Sanger PD now contacts for dispatch by the Fresno County Sheriff’s Office and operates on the Fresno Sheriff’s Office CODIS channel. Fresno County EMS is dispatching Sanger Fire, but that may change soon.

Fresno County: As part of an interoperability update, nearly all public safety agencies in Fresno County are going through a programming update. Several years ago there was a large interoperability grant awarded to Fresno County which paid for the purchase and installation of the Kenwood 790/890 dual band radios in nearly every patrol vehicle. There was never common programming of these radios – until now.
Because of this update, Fresno Sheriff’s Office completely changed their primary Zone in their radios.

This primary zone now only includes their primary dispatch channels and added the CODIS channel for contract dispatching. Sanger, Parlier, Fowler and probably Kerman will move to CODIS.
Reedley Police: This is now their secondary channel (Version 1) 155.790 Dispatch ( AFAIK, this is the correct one.) Version 2 152.135 Ch. 1 is now their primary dispatch channel, and yes the frequencies are owned by Cook’s Communications.

Kerman Police: (Not listed in RR DB at all now) (Version 1) 154.845 is a tactical channel for Kerman PD. They dispatch off the Fresno Sheriff’s Office Orange channels, which are what you have in (Version 2) (AFAIK, this is still correct) 155.580 Dispatch (Dispatch is contracted w/ SO). Kerman will probably be moving to CODIS

Parlier Police: Version 1) (Listed as both SO complete contract and SO contract- dispatch only) 155.655 Dispatch. This is Fresno County Sheriff’s Area 3 dispatch channel, which is what Parlier was on. They are now one the CODIS channel

CODIS: (Version 2) (Listed as FCSO contracts Channel) 153.665 Dispatch
Fowler Police: (Not Listed in RR DB at all now) 155.655 Dispatch (Dispatch is contracted w/ SO), will be moving to CODIS.

One you didn’t mention was Huron PD. They up and changed frequencies and didn’t tell anyone. And yes, their new listed frequencies are owned by none other than Cooks Communication.

And yes, there will be another update at the end of next year to accommodate the narrow banding requirements. There will be only a couple of minor changes at that time.

Hope this helps!

car5le

Premium Subscriber
Actually Contract Dispatch. A little trivia, it was to be called COTAC for County Tactical. COTAC was just too close to another word that would have created issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.