Fresno EMS Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Can someone shed some light on why i only hear the dispatcher on ccemsa dispatch frequencies??

Thanks
Conner

Kingscup

Feed Provider
I talked with a friend who works in Fresno and he told me there has been changes in the radio system. He is not a radio guy so I was only able to get limited info. It seems they used to simulcast med 11/12 with both dispatcher and units. Now, only the dispatcher is being simulcast while the units are only heard on their respective channels. While googling this, I found this document that lists some some additional freqs and what looks like changes in units using those freqs. I don't know if this is the answer to your problem.

Try this link and see if it helps with your problem.
http://www2.co.fresno.ca.us/5620/EMS/2008_PDFs/400.pdf

emt_531

So I havent seen any medics yet but I did hear 671 which is the Kings supervisor today. So im gonna monitor it tonight and see if its just certain units or what

emt_531

Haha on the way out the door I ran into one of the medic crews who had just dropped off a patient and totally forgot to ask him. It was just one of those days, but like I said, occasionally I hear ground units, so Im guessing its either something with their handhelds or vehicle radios. I do know that some agencies are able to go to a "direct" transmission, but I have no clue how that works. I wont forget next time

Kingscup

Feed Provider
I was traveling through the area and I heard units on Med 10/15/16. I couldn't hear units on Med 11/12. I will try to get more info in a few days.

SCPD

QRT
If my memory serves me right med 11 and 12 are Fresno Rural and Fresno Metro. If that's correct those are the same ones i haven't been able to hear the units on but i can hear the dispatcher.

emt_531

So earlier I heard unit 624 respond to a call at the prison, and I could hear the whole transmission. So now I am defiantely curious. Also, Skylife 1, Skylife 4 and H40 come up fine with no problems.

SCPD

QRT
What channel? Is that Kings County? Because i dont think ive had a problem with them only fresno rural and metro

emt_531

Yeah thats a Kings unit, but I have the same problems listening to them like you are. Like I said, I think its a handheld/unit mount radio change. But we shall see next time I run into them

emt_531

Okay so I talked to one of the medic crews tonight and he said that they were having some radio probs, but didnt elaborate. I told him what I had heard and he said that it flip flops between med-10 and 15. But as far as any changes he said he hadnt heard anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.