Fresno Fire Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colton25

So i have just noticed by listening that Fresno's metro and rural dispatch are one in the same. Does anyone else know about this? I live approximately 50 miles from Fresno, when i listen to metro it comes in scratchy and barley readable, however when i listen to rural it's the same calls being dispatched but it comes in 100% clear and readable. I'm assuming that the rural frequency is just a extender of the metro for outlying stations? If anyone can confirm this it would be appreciated.

kma371

QRT
So i have just noticed by listening that Fresno's metro and rural dispatch are one in the same. Does anyone else know about this? I live approximately 50 miles from Fresno, when i listen to metro it comes in scratchy and barley readable, however when i listen to rural it's the same calls being dispatched but it comes in 100% clear and readable. I'm assuming that the rural frequency is just a extender of the metro for outlying stations? If anyone can confirm this it would be appreciated.

What time of day was this? They may combine in off hours in effort to save money/dispatchers.

Colton25

What time of day was this? They may combine in off hours in effort to save money/dispatchers.

It's up around the clock, i made a feed for it if you want to listen. What you hear on the feed is rural.

smokeybehr

Metro is for just the City of Fresno, Rural is for North Central FD (Stations 21-29), which is operated by Fresno Fire. There's a high-level repeater/remote base near Coarsegold that's most likely set up to cover NCFD's area with some pattern shaping.

oldschoolamb

Premium Subscriber
With the exception of Cal-Fire and Cal-Fires contracts such as "Fresno Fire" all the Fresno County fire dispatching is now done under contract by American Ambulance out of the county's EMS dispatch center. North Central contracted to Fresno Fire Department for services. When this happened I believe they started simulcasting nearly all the time.

Colton25

Do you know the frecuency for fire 3? I've been hearing this frequency more and more, is it new?

Metro is for just the City of Fresno, Rural is for North Central FD (Stations 21-29), which is operated by Fresno Fire. There's a high-level repeater/remote base near Coarsegold that's most likely set up to cover NCFD's area with some pattern shaping.

car5le

Premium Subscriber
I will double check tomorrow, but it is one of the current channels listed in Radio Reference, I think Command 1. They just changed the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.