From the Scanner911 Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Matthew Pease, author and owner of the very popular Scanner911 iPhone application passes on this update and message to our community:

Dear RadioReference members,

Through RadioReference.com, you already enjoy listening to thousands of live police scanners on your computer. Now with Scanner911 -- a police radio application for the iPhone -- you can listen to those same RadioReference channels from anywhere that you get cellphone reception.

Scanner911 includes features that you won't see on other police scanner iPhone apps. Our app gives you the ability to record what you are listening to. If something exciting or interesting happens on the radio, you will have the audio saved so you can listen to it again or play it for your friends.

The "Hot 100" list on Scanner911 is constantly updated, so you will always know which channels are active. Plus, we currently offer two different skins to customize the look of the app.

In an upcoming update, which will of course be free for you if you download Scanner911 now, we will be improving the way the app syncs with RadioReference.com, so that our channel list will be accurate up-to-the-day. We will also be offering more skins, quicker access to your favorite channels, and a couple of surprises that could completely change the way you and your friends use the app.

Our goal is to make Scanner911 the best police radio iPhone app available. We think we've done that, but you are the real experts. The members of RadioReference.com make our application possible, and we want to make sure you like it.

We hope you'll try Scanner911 and let us know what you think. Go straight to our page in the iTunes store here: iTunes Store, find more information at Scanner911app.com, or get in touch with us by emailing support@scanner911app.com.

- Scanner 911 Team

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This is precisely the sort of stuff needed in the new RR mobile app wiki I just set up (see the recent message on the subject). If we can combine this information with the recent stuff on the Droid and the newsletter, I suspect we'll have a good start on getting this information in a single spot.

73 Mike

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
That's cool - I have been looking at these apps from the newsletter and wondering if any were supporting the feeds off of RR. Thanks for passing that announcement on!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
yep I saw that. I don't have the newsletter any longer - are the apps from that also listed in this page? If not, they should be. 73 Mike

laguire

Future?

Has anyone thought about the future? I mean there are other scanner apps out there that are making money of Radio Reference. Has anyone thought about some how getting something up where only Radio Reference approved partners would be able to use the feeds provided? I purchased an Iphone app from a competitor and didn't realize until afterwards that their were partner's of Radio Reference that had apps out there. I know we are pretty open but maybe this is something that should be looked at in the future.
-Ben

Suavechef

I personally use the BBScanner app on my Blackberry and it is great. I think that it is great that the opportunity has been given to the developers to use the API's to build these great apps.

CanesFan95

Once again, it's time to buy more shares of Apple! LOL. Anyway, it's remarkable how far this site has come along. I remember back when it called something the like the Southeast Trunked Radio Page.

Status
Not open for further replies.