Pro-2006: Front Knobs (Volume/Squelch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tip

Premium Subscriber
So I won a pro-2006 on an auction site. When I received it, because there was no packing in the original box that it came in (packed in a second box), the knobs were pushed in flush with the front of the radio. I had manged to pull the knobs out slightly from the front.Foolishly now that I think of it, I plugged it in and entered some milair freqs. Seemed to work ok. Won't even get into the shape of the battery compartment that must have had a battery in there since it was purchased/put into storage! Getting a constant beep about the batter status.

Have already reconciled with the seller (they were gracious, gave full refund, and told me to keep the radio).

Anyway, before I open it up and do any more damage, are those knobs attached to the main circuit board, or something on the front of the radio?

Thanks.

Engine104

Member since 2005
It's been a while since I had my 2006 opened up, but I'm pretty sure the knobs are not mounted on a circuit board. You should be able to find substitute knobs online or check G&G Communications at Home Page They have parts for older scanners.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

ecps92

Yes and No, the knobs are not connected to the main circuit board, however there is an audio circuit board that they are attached to [aka the front panel]

[going from memory]
Open up the radio, slowly carefully [4 screws ?]
the top and botton will open from the rear [again slowly] as the top/speaker has a short wire, that will need to be unplugged. Once open you will see the front panel circuit board

So I won a pro-2006 on an auction site. When I received it, because there was no packing in the original box that it came in (packed in a second box), the knobs were pushed in flush with the front of the radio. I had manged to pull the knobs out slightly from the front.Foolishly now that I think of it, I plugged it in and entered some milair freqs. Seemed to work ok. Won't even get into the shape of the battery compartment that must have had a battery in there since it was purchased/put into storage! Getting a constant beep about the batter status.

Have already reconciled with the seller (they were gracious, gave full refund, and told me to keep the radio).

Anyway, before I open it up and do any more damage, are those knobs attached to the main circuit board, or something on the front of the radio?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.