Frustrated New Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0mpd

Premium Subscriber
I just got my new subscription in order to download the data base and program my scanner. I have a BC796D and I have downloaded the software and it's working fine. I can control my scanner from the software. I went thru the steps and I can't find anywhere on the software to download the data base from Radio Reference to program the scanner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
What software did you download? Arc250, ProScan, what? It's important to note that, since each package presents the web service a bit differently 73 Mike

sjlamb

If you talking about Uniden's UASD software for the BC796D, downloaded from the Uniden site, that program does not have the ability to download from the internet. It's only for uploading and downloading between the scanner and the PC.... or, for cloning from 1 796D/296D to another 796D/296D.

Last edited:

n0mpd

Premium Subscriber
Steve
I posted earlier about what kind of software I'm using but the spam filter keeps my post in Que. I'm using the ProScan software.

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
If what sjlamb suggested is true, then perhaps you should look into using Freescan. as you can import from RR in conjuncion with your premium membership. :cool:
Check the WIKI in the software tab for Freescan.

Good to see you using the forums! :)

sjlamb

If what sjlamb suggested is true, then perhaps you should look into using Freescan. as you can import from RR in conjuncion with your premium membership. :cool:

FreeScan is not compatible with the BC796D.

n0mpd

Premium Subscriber
mciupa
I'm still considered a spammer so I can't respond to people right away. I have ProScan but don't know how to use it concerning the data base. I just need someone to explain how to use the software.

Highpockets

Deleted: dupe of sjlamb post.

Last edited:

n0mpd

Premium Subscriber
ka3jjz
I hope you check this thread later, I still need help with this. I have no idea what I'm doing. Thanks.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
N0MPD - As stated earlier, FreeScan is not compatible with the 796, but ProScan is. I would go to the software forum and ask how to use ProScan with the RR import. I don't use that software - I don't have a 796 - but it ought to be quite easy - but I'll bet you will find more users of that software there. Alternatively, there's a dedicated set of forums Bob has set up on his website (yes, the same place you got the software). Between the 2 I don't doubt you'll get the help you need 73 Mike

n0mpd

Premium Subscriber
ka3jjz
Thanks, i will go up there and see what happens. I was trying to figure this out all day into the evening and my eyes went cross eyed so I quit, LOL. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.