BCT15X: Frustrated Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillB

Getting frustrated with this scanner. Some how now I can't get my scanner to stop scanning the preprogrammed public safety frequencies. I don't even know I got it to start scanning them.

This is border line ridiculous how complicating these things can or maybe I'm just not that smart. Either way all I want it to do is scan the system I have programmed in.

mitbr

The most frustrating thing about this radio is right out of the box, all BearTracker features are on by default which makes no sense at all if you don't know how to turn them off. My advice is to disable everything and start from there.

Press POL and HP until all the icons (PL, DT, HP, and BT) disappear from the display to turn off all preprogrammed frequencies. This will give you 'Nothing to Scan' in the display. Now you can jump into programming your frequencies.

hope this helps...
Tim

WillB

Thank you. That worked. Now for what ever reason I can't get it to scan my system. Its scanning the state of Arkansas. I have no idea what I did. This was working just fine yesterday and then I moved the scanner to a different room and some how hit a series of buttons or something and its totally messed up.

WillB

Think I have it figured out. Just frustrating when it seems they make these for only the experienced programmer. I have read the Easier to Read manual and still get confused. Good thing I don't have anything near me that is a trunked system or anything ultra confusing.

Thanks again for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.