Frustrated with R3 firmware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnstac

Brand new out of the box tonight and wanted to make sure the firmware was up to date. I tried connecting via Windows 10 and Macbook and had no luck. Windows 10 did install the program but it will not detect the R3 even though Windows recognizes it when I plug it in. I've tried other advice I found here including connecting the R3 and then starting the software and vice versa. Then I tried the Mac and it went even worse. The instructions in the PDF state to install the 1.1 installer and the VCF USB files which I did. But every time I start the program, it quits unexpectedly. I also tried just connecting the R3 directly to the Mac but it did not detect it. I'm up for any suggestions. The only possible thing I can think of is to buy another mini USB cable and trying that in case the cable I'm using doesn't have data transfer. I just found the cable in a drawer. I'm sure it's years old. If anyone has a suggestion with exactly which cable to buy, LMK. Any other suggestions would be appreciated as well. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.