Frustrated with Sask P25 System not scanning properly on GRE 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

gs_new

I have tried several different ways to load in the Sask P25 system on my GRE 500. For some reason it has never worked properly. I know that i am missing a lot of communications as I listened to the live audio feed and I only pick up half of the conversations that come on the live audio feed.

Does anyone have a working file for this system I could upload to my GRE 500 to test?

Thanks,
gstrawford@sasktel.net

Bluedmax

I have tried several different ways to load in the Sask P25 system on my GRE 500. For some reason it has never worked properly. I know that i am missing a lot of communications as I listened to the live audio feed and I only pick up half of the conversations that come on the live audio feed.

Does anyone have a working file for this system I could upload to my GRE 500 to test?

Thanks,
gstrawford@sasktel.net

sending you 1 to try ...

gs_new

Got it, will load up and try tonight when I get home from work.. Thanks Again

gs_new

Well its confirmed, my GRE Sucks on Sk P25 system. I have been listening to the Live Audio feed and I am missing at lease half of the transmissions. I even have my Diamond RH77 antenna hooked up and that doesnt help.
Guess I will have to try and find a Uniden BDC 396T or something similar. Wifes gonna kill me when another scanner shows up at home!!!

mobile1

The GREs work great on the Sask P25 system !

You may not be scanning (trunking) on the same tower site as the audio feed scanner is so you will not be hearing the same talkgroups at the same time as the feed radio is If your talk group list is not the same as the TG list in the feed radio's then you will not be hearing the same TGs. Do you have a wildcard in your scan list? If not then you will not hear a TG that is not in your scan list. Your radio may be checking all the control channels all the time and not just trunking the local site CC. Is the T (trunk) on all the time or is it off most of the time? Send me a PM if you want help with this.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Well its confirmed, my GRE Sucks on Sk P25 system. I have been listening to the Live Audio feed and I am missing at lease half of the transmissions. I even have my Diamond RH77 antenna hooked up and that doesnt help.
Guess I will have to try and find a Uniden BDC 396T or something similar. Wifes gonna kill me when another scanner shows up at home!!!

Have you tried just the stock antenna? I know of one member of RR in Edmonton GRE 500 would not work at all in his house even with his discone. Once your were outside it was fine.
I now own that radio, It works just fine and beats the crap out of my BC396XT monitoring P25 transmissions.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I had a PSR500 with an RH77 antenna and a 396XT with stock antenna on a trip to Newfoundland where I was doing active searching for new P25 and EDACS signals. The PSR500 had around 50% of the range of the 396XT while driving, particularly in the VHF Hi (140-160) band.

gs_new

Yeah I'm not sure why.... My PSR500 works amazing on everything else. Maybe a firmware update would help?

gs_new

Thanks Mobile 1... I will double check but I am sure I have Wildcards set up.. I will double check

bcradio

Database Admin
Have you got the bandplan set to Canada? If not, the frequencies will be off when you enter them, and could cause the problems you are describing.

Thanks Mobile 1... I will double check but I am sure I have Wildcards set up.. I will double check

Status
Not open for further replies.