FS (For sale ) question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If I posted a scanner and have a laptop that has control software for that particular scanner and wanted to sell it as a "package deal" would that be ok or is that violating the forum rules ?

Thanks in advance ,

Tom

mciupa

You would think that because a scanner is the primary item sold and the laptop is an adjunct in this "package" that it should be acceptable. :)

For a better legal interpretation contact the law firm of blanton,wayne, & maag :p

ScanDaBands

Banned
mciupa said:
You would think that because a scanner is the primary item sold and the laptop is an adjunct in this "package" that it should be acceptable. :)

For a better legal interpretation contact the law firm of blanton,wayne, & maag :p

he he LOL - I am I think :lol:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Being that the scanner is computer controlled, and the computer has the control software, as you say, I would think it would be perfectly logical to include it with the radio sale. :roll:

Just include a comment in your sale of the scanner for the interested buyer to contact you via PM or email, about extras you have for the radio! :cool:

ScanDaBands

Banned
GreatLakes said:
That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Being that the scanner is computer controlled, and the computer has the control software, as you say, I would think it would be perfectly logical to include it with the radio sale. :roll:

Just include a comment in your sale of the scanner for the interested buyer to contact you via PM or email, about extras you have for the radio! :cool:

well a rule is a rule I guess that's why I asked , it's actually just a BC796 with a laptop I use for control and other radio programming , etc. and so on so it is an "extra" but anyway...yea PM with ?'s - Great Idea. Thanks !! :D

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Just to add a comment on that. I am going to assume that you are referring to copyrighted, licensed to you, software; I think you will find we won't let you use us to effect an illegal transfer of that product.

Grog

Banned
loumaag said:
Just to add a comment on that. I am going to assume that you are referring to copyrighted, licensed to you, software; I think you will find we won't let you use us to effect an illegal transfer of that product.

And you are surely assuming a lot of one of our upstanding members :roll:

ScanDaBands----Just price the scanner for what you want for both and give the laptop for free.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Grog said:
And you are surely assuming a lot of one of our upstanding members :roll:

ScanDaBands----Just price the scanner for what you want for both and give the laptop for free.

Why are we trying to circumvent the rules? Lindsay has them in place for a reason. Any reference to any non radio gear in the FS forums will be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.