FT 100d With TRUNK88

Status
Not open for further replies.

Errol

Hello All,

Brand new here ..... I would like to know if I can use my Yaesu FT 1000D with the Trunk88 software., If so how and how do I need to complete the wiring thereof >>
Best regards form South Africa.
Errol

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm not sure what you expect to decode with Trunk88, since this software is only designed for trunking systems; however, you want to find a pin out that says something along the lines of '9600 baud out'. Get a mic plug and wire to that pin, and a signal out, and you should be good to go.

A '9600 baud out' pin is usually connected to the discriminator somewhere, and is nominally used for connections to equipment that require a hi speed line, such as TCP/IP under packet radio.

73 Mike

Errol

Thanks Mike,
Glad to have seen your mail .... I made a mistake as well, I should have siaf FT100D. Why I would want it is to play around with trunking in South Africa from 417.00 up mto about 422.00. Hope that means something.

I took a feed from the data socket of the rig, runing ground to ground, plus 9600 buad out as the feed to Truck**, but still no joy, so I guess ... look a bit further.

Thanks once again.
73 - From the Centre for the Soccer Worlf Cup 2010
ZS1PI - Errol

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Errol, I'm not sure about what kinds of systems are being used down there, but are you sure the system you are trying to analyze is one that Trunk88 can handle? Did you check to see that you are actually getting a signal? I understand there is a Trunk88 Yahoo group that might be a place to start, and we have a forum dedicated to trunking tools as well.

As I understand it - and I could well be way off here - MPT1327 systems are much more common in some parts of the world than Motorola systems. Are you sure what you are trying to analyze is a Motorola system? I also understand that Moto puts out systems other than the standard Smartzone type systems we have here in the States.

Just curious...73 Mike

Last edited:

Comint

Premium Subscriber
As I understand it - and I could well be way off here - MPT1327 systems are much more common in some parts of the world than Motorola systems. Are you sure what you are trying to analyze is a Motorola system? I also understand that Moto puts out systems other than the standard Smartzone type systems we have here in the States.

Yes, MPT1327 is certainly in use in South Africa, and to analyse that, you need software such as TrunkView, or UniTrunker.
For TrunkView, all you need is a lead from the Speaker socket on the radio, to the Line In or Mike socket on a PC.
If you have a Yaesu CAT compatible interface, TrunkView is also able to control the FT100D to follow Voice Traffic.

TRUNK88 is only for Motorola Smartnet.

--
Comint

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.