FT-60R and FT-270R narrowband ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

js_in_ky

Thanks. I called GRE today to find out what the sensitivity was on the PSR-310 in the 160 - 161 mhz range, it's not very good their tech checked for me and said it was .75uv. I guess that's to be expected though with a receiver that has such a wide receive range. The radio that looks best to me from the specs, because it has 2.5 steps and changes the receiver IF bandwidth for narrowband use is the Wouxen KG-UV6D. I wish I could see one in person but I'm not close to a store that carries it and it seems from the reviews that people either really love them or really hate them. From reading through their online manual the programming does look to be difficult on it if you want to do it manually without software. I'm sure it's not near as durable as a Yeasu but I wonder if it would be worth buying one to use it for a couple of years and hopefully by then Yeasu or Kenwood might put out a HT that does true narrowband receive on it. I guess I should either go that route or pickup a FT-270R and hope it does ok with the narrowband receive and that I don't want to listen to any of the new frequencies that will require 2.5 or 7.5 steps to enter. My only concern with that route is that if they do put frequencies between what they have now that they might bleed over and I'll pick them both up with the wide selectivity of the Yeasu. Which way would you go?

On a side note it appears that GRE has great customer service, when I called them the person I spoke with didn't have the answer. He took my phone number and about 30 minutes later a tech called me back and told me he took one of their 310's and test it for me so he could give me an accurate answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.