Ft. AP Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
For those wondering why the Provost Marshal dispatcher IDs as "412" ("four twelve"), the assigned callsign for them on the old 150 MHz frequency was "AAC412". There is a lot of activity on TG 418, 466, and 900 related to training at the Asymmetrical Warfare Training Center there. There is also the mysterious occasion encrypted TG 201.

W4UVV

TG201

For those wondering why the Provost Marshal dispatcher IDs as "412" ("four twelve"), the assigned callsign for them on the old 150 MHz frequency was "AAC412". There is a lot of activity on TG 418, 466, and 900 related to training at the Asymmetrical Warfare Training Center there. There is also the mysterious occasion encrypted TG 201.

Ft. Lee Security mobiles are 100% encrypted. A.P. Hill Security base/mobile or mobiles only TAC comms may be encrypted.

John
W4UVV

dtscho

Database Admin
Talkgroup 201 is Pentagon Force Protection Agency. It comes over the AP Hill system because they're both part of the JNCR system.

Dave

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
Talkgroup 201 is Pentagon Force Protection Agency. It comes over the AP Hill system because they're both part of the JNCR system.

Dave

That should only happen on this site if the radio is logged into the APH site and selects that TG. For example, one does not normally see APH at Ft. Belvoir though they are both part of JNCR. Note that I before I retired, I was sometimes on the APH system. But TG 201 seems always to be there so a radio is logged into that TG but logged into on the system or for some reason they are treating that one TG as special. The DODTSI system (NSA) is apparently different and all it's sites seem to carry conversations without requiring a radio logged in (like a simulcast system).

Status
Not open for further replies.