Ft Gordon P25 Multi-Site TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rural_radio

¿Por qué no Ø?
For the last couple of days, I've been trying to monitor this system but I suspect I'm out of range for the most active sites from my location in Thomson. Does anyone know which site is where? Since there aren't FCC records for military systems, I've only been going by the signal strength of the control channels and listening to one site at a time. If not the geographic locations, can anyone chime in with which sites they can monitor and from where?

I get a strong signal for site 3 on 386.650 and site 4 on 388.575 but the database only shows one traffic channel for site 3 and two for site 4, so I assume they aren't very active. I haven't heard much on them, but the traffic from those sites decodes fine.

Most of the time I get an okay signal for site 1 on 388.275 which I assume covers the garrison area because it has the most traffic channels listed, but I only hear traffic from that site if I scan it conventionally. The signal strength for the traffic seems fine from that site, but I guess my scanner can't decode the control channel.

What kind of luck have y'all had?

I'm using a Whistler TRX-2 and a Larsen dual band (150/450) mobile antenna with a ground plane kit on a mast. I realize it isn't the best antenna for the 380 MHz federal band, but most everything that's not encrypted seems to be on VHF around here.

shajoe44

I can receive sites 1 and 4 at 100%. Site 5 at around 75%. Site 2 at 50% and cannot receive site 3 good enough to monitor with DSD Plus. I live close to the Aiken/Edgefield County line in SC. I am using an outside antenna. Not sure if this helps you or not.

rural_radio

¿Por qué no Ø?
I can receive sites 1 and 4 at 100%. Site 5 at around 75%. Site 2 at 50% and cannot receive site 3 good enough to monitor with DSD Plus. I live close to the Aiken/Edgefield County line in SC. I am using an outside antenna. Not sure if this helps you or not.
Thanks, that is actually pretty helpful. We're not exactly in opposite directions, but close enough to assume sites 2 and 5 are further east than the ones I get.

I'd have to check the logs to be sure, but the only talkgroup I can recall hearing on site 3 has been range control. If you don't receive that site in SC, then it must cover training areas west/southwest of the main garrison area. As I'm sure you know, what the army considers a "range" can be anything from what most people would think of as a rifle range to a mock village/town or just an area of undeveloped woods reserved for training.

Status
Not open for further replies.