FT Knox P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
I am receiving FT Knox data/control channels down here in Warren County this evening. Id as 0037h-0101 / site 101 freq 385.325; and 0037h-0303 / site 303 freq 385.8375. Have not heard any tx yet. We are about 60 or so miles from these sites and these sites have an effective range of about 15miles. Has Tx power increased or have I just lucked out and snagged this system due to skip or something?

David/Bowling Green

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
Now actually receiving FT Knox MPs on TG 5510/encrypted though and TG 5572/Warrior Ops/Trainee Buses.

David

jerk

Probably ducting, but I was reciving them for a little bit in Clarksville on surface streets. That's unusual for this system... Maybe they've made some changes.

jerk

still not receiving anything on my 96....thinks I might have gotten a messed up scanner...oh well...

Something is not right there. It should work.
Anyhow, I did get site 202 and 303 pretty good yesterday, around 3 PM, so I think they may have done some adjusting.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Monitored id information on Site 202 yesterday morning and this morning.... no talk, tho... and had three different Moto system ids come up on 453.700 (sorry, my notebook is somewhere, I'll post them when I find it). Monitored a dispatch from Obion County, Tennessee SO overnight as well--460.150/127.3.....
ADDS INFO:Sys IDs for 453.7000 monitored overnight: BEE00/T0120/SY170--sorry, haven't looked them up yet... but they were booming into Central KentuckyADDED INFO

Last edited:

BigDog-911

Is there anyone in the Louisville Area with a 96 that is receiving Fort Knox that would clone to mine and see if it works? I am on vacation this coming week and would be willing to meet someone somewhere. If not cloning, I have a laptop with the 96 software and could take the information off and then transfer it to mine.

Thanks

Doug

jerk

Is there anyone in the Louisville Area with a 96 that is receiving Fort Knox that would clone to mine and see if it works? I am on vacation this coming week and would be willing to meet someone somewhere. If not cloning, I have a laptop with the 96 software and could take the information off and then transfer it to mine.

Thanks

Doug

Did that p96 File I sent you, I think I did send it, work?
You should hear voices anyhow...

BigDog-911

I'm not hearing anything. I tried downloading the updates(thought I had the most recent and didn't) and put in the information that Charlie sent me and I am not hearing squat. Since I did the download of the MetroSafe system, I have lost them as well. I can't hear MetroSafe, Ft Knox or Louisville Local Govt Radio channels such as public works and things like that. I can't even hear anything when I go through Ft Knox channel by channel.

Anyone wanna buy a 96 with a 9mm or 22 bullet hole in it...lol...

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
I have not noted any further on this system down here in Bowling Green. We'll check on it once in a while.

David

jerk

I'm not hearing anything. I tried downloading the updates(thought I had the most recent and didn't) and put in the information that Charlie sent me and I am not hearing squat. Since I did the download of the MetroSafe system, I have lost them as well. I can't hear MetroSafe, Ft Knox or Louisville Local Govt Radio channels such as public works and things like that. I can't even hear anything when I go through Ft Knox channel by channel.

Anyone wanna buy a 96 with a 9mm or 22 bullet hole in it...lol...

In other thread some have reset the scanner and reverted to original firmware and got the "voice" reception back. Worth a try.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
FT Knox TRS was coming in clear as a bell in Harrodsburg this morning.... snagged a few talk groups and possibly IDed some unknown freqs (haven't checked yet).... and I'm wondering if the FTK Air Evac (tgid:5511) talk group could really be FTK D(ining)Fac(ilities)... there was a lot of food being talked about there this morning.... Heard the cattle cars as far east as Woodford County on the way back from the shoot....

Last edited:

jerk

FT Knox TRS was coming in clear as a bell in Harrodsburg this morning.... snagged a few talk groups and possibly IDed some unknown freqs (haven't checked yet).... and I'm wondering if the FTK Air Evac (tgid:5511) talk group could really be FTK D(ining)Fac(ilities)... there was a lot of food being talked about there this morning.... Heard the cattle cars as far east as Woodford County on the way back from the shoot....

Don't know, have not listened to it in depth for a while. But I think the skip helps, and I think they've done some tweaking here and there.

There are some new and different groups active on the system, seems to be in wider use now. Like radio that were ordered are now in and assigned and training completed type of busy. :wink:

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
I'm lovin' this ducting! Gathered a few more freqs this morning from the Fort Knox TRS (while standing in the parking lot in front of Brown's Bakery in Lexington).... I'm thinking that Site 202 must be on the east side of FTK because most of what I heard was from Site 202.... only heard Site 101 once this morning and nothing from Site 303, but could get CC info from all three sites...

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
Monitored from Bowling Green, KY 08/03 1015z/0515CDT

Monitoring activity on the tank ranges early this morning from here in Bowling Green, esp TG 5620/Iron Horse Tank Ops, also the Air Evac TG/5511. Site 101/385.325 control channel is putting about an s3 signal down here in BG. My guess is that either they have moved their transmitter/tower to a higher location or jacked power up. I'm sure ducting still has a part in being able to hear this system as well. Steve: You still able to hear these guys from your part of the state?

David

Last edited:

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Some mornings they are clear as a bell and then they disappear as suddenly as they appeared... the past couple of weeks no new info has come out of the monitoring. I'm thinking they have upped the power on the system especially with the civilian public safety agencies now using the system... but judging from your reports and Alan's reports it seems that Site One is in the southern part of the base, Site Two in the east and Site Three in the northwestern corner somewhere....

jerk

Some mornings they are clear as a bell and then they disappear as suddenly as they appeared... the past couple of weeks no new info has come out of the monitoring. I'm thinking they have upped the power on the system especially with the civilian public safety agencies now using the system... but judging from your reports and Alan's reports it seems that Site One is in the southern part of the base, Site Two in the east and Site Three in the northwestern corner somewhere....

Yes, I agree and the system seems to be fully vetted, and "everybody" is now using it.
Does seem to be a little higher power... though I have been using a Alinco dual-band (wide-band receive) antenna on my 396. So it's cut close to the operating frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.