Ft Lupton Body Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Weld County: 0510hrs Hwy-85 & CR-14 female body found on the railroad tracks, treating as poss homicide at this time, railroad lines are shut down currently for investigation.

O/F DTRS, Online

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Fort Lupton police are working to find the identity of a woman who was killed overnight on the train tracks along U.S. 85 north of town.

Police Chief Ron Grannis today said about 5 a.m. a Union Pacific Railroad engineer called Fort Lupton police reporting debris on the tracks at U.S. 85 and 14th Avenue and asked them to check it out.

“On arrival, we found a young female who appeared to have been run over by the train,” Grannis said. “We believe she was struck by two trains. The evidence on scene is that a train going south is the one that may have struck her. We believe she was run over by the train going north afterward.”

Grannis said he is working with railroad police as well, especially given that the report didn’t come from the earlier train.

“There’s a possibility she was lying on the tracks, and always a possibility that they didn’t see her,” Grannis said.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20080727/NEWS/718735564/1051&ParentProfile=1001

Jim<

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
I don't which it is, if there is a lot happening or its the fact that I have a digital radio now and able to report it, I'm gonna say the first one it seams to be a pretty heavy summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.