Ft. McDowell Fire now on TOPAZ RWC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB7MIB

TG 3601 has had dispatches for FS 401, which is supposed to be Ft. McDowell Fire, in the past half hour or so. (Time now 8:55pm.)

If anyone else can confirm, it can be added to the DB, and it gives listeners another department to monitor that probably wasn't easy to hear in the past on their VHF channels much outside the community.

John
Peoria

SCPD

QRT
It was my understanding that the TOPAZ and the RWC are two different trunked communications systems. Is this correct?

dabegay78

Looks like Fort McDowell did migrate to TOPAZ. No channel groups were giving too. The info was obtained from the TOPAZ website.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
It was my understanding that the TOPAZ and the RWC are two different trunked communications systems. Is this correct?

There is:

Regional Wireless Cooperative or RWC (Phoenix owned)
Regional Wireless Cooperative (RWC) Trunking System, Phoenix, Arizona - Scanner Frequencies

and

TOPAZ Regional Wireless Cooperative or TRWC (Mesa owned)
TOPAZ Regional Wireless Cooperative (TRWC) Trunking System, Mesa, Arizona - Scanner Frequencies

Since the they can't play nice together, Mesa had to split off to control their own system.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
http://topazrwc.org/pdf/10-26-15/5a - Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation Membership Approval.pdf
http://topazrwc.org/pdf/3-3-16/6b - Administrator Update 030316.pdf
"Additional Channel on Thompson Peak. The Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation (FMYN) added a radio channel to the Thompson Peak site to minimize the impact of their joining the TRWC network. The additional channel was brought in to service February 23, 2016. There was no cost to the TRWC members other than some work to integrate the additional channel into the TRWC network infrastructure. This additional channel increases the capacity of the Thompson Peak site for all TRWC members."

KB7MIB

The TOPAZ RWC Mesa simulcast used to be Simulcast D of the RWC system, until they split off.

TG 3600 is also active, but is encrypted. Ft. McDowell Yavapai Nation Police?

I don't know if anyone in the Fountain Hills or Rio Verde area, or even on the Ft. McDowell Yavapai Nation itself actively monitors either the FD or PD, but if anyone does, I'd be curious to know if their VHF and/or UHF channels respectively are still active.

John
Peoria

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I left my BCD436HP in discovery mode today on the TRWC Thompson Peak Site. I can confirm that 3601 if Ft McDowell Fire and 3600 is Ft. McDowell PD. 3601 is in the clear. 3600 was partially encrypted with the dispatcher in the clear and units encrypted.

I will update the DB when I have a chance.

desert-cheetah

Premium Subscriber
The TOPAZ RWC Mesa simulcast used to be Simulcast D of the RWC system, until they split off.

TG 3600 is also active, but is encrypted. Ft. McDowell Yavapai Nation Police?

I don't know if anyone in the Fountain Hills or Rio Verde area, or even on the Ft. McDowell Yavapai Nation itself actively monitors either the FD or PD, but if anyone does, I'd be curious to know if their VHF and/or UHF channels respectively are still active.

John
Peoria

I don't live in Fountain Hills or Rio Verde but I am in the area quite a bit as I am out documenting the wild horses. I haven't been able to pick up Ft McDowell PD for quite some time. I don't know if it's because I don't have the correct frequency or what.

Status
Not open for further replies.