Ft. Sill New Trunked System

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve0622

Is there anyone that has this trunked system in their scanners? I have been able to find a few more unknown talkgroups for this system and need help finding out what they are.

61110 this one sounds encrypted

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
It's classified. I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you!. JUST KIDDING! One question though. What radio are you using and how exactly do you have it set? I've driven through there a few times but never pick up any traffic on that system so I'm not sure if I have it put in right. I even downloaded it right from Radioreference to make sure. I have picked up the links on the DPS system, though.

BTW I have a Pro106

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
What's the likelihood that this base joined the San Antonio Military Smartzone?

Without any background information (site info), I'm going to throw it out there. I wouldn't put it past them, since Sheppard AFB is on it (wichita Falls, TX), and it's not restricted to one service branch.

nd5y

What's the likelihood that this base joined the San Antonio Military Smartzone?

Without any background information (site info), I'm going to throw it out there. I wouldn't put it past them, since Sheppard AFB is on it (wichita Falls, TX), and it's not restricted to one service branch.

Not likely unless they made major changes in the past couple months.
The Ft Sill system is true P25. The Sheppard one is type II with P25 voice channels.

steve0622

im using a pro 197 scanner and its programmed in as P25 Auto. I put in all the frequencies listed on the RR Page for all 3 sites. SuperTrack is on and Multi-Site is set to Stat. Check all CC is set to Yes. It has a custom table set listed as follows.

Lo Chan: 0
Hi Chan: 4095
Offset: 0
Base: 380.00000
Step: 12.5

I have the TGID's programmed in from the RR Page along with a wildcard TGID. I'm in Electra, Tx. and using an external antenna 40' in the air, im recieving them good at nite time, but hardly ever in the day time. I also have Sheppard AFB in as well, and have noticed unknown talkgroups on that system also that I will post over on the Texas Forum.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Very good...that's exactly what I'm looking for! One other thing. I was visiting another AFB that had another trunked system and wasn't picking up any traffic. So I entered ALL the freqs and lo and behold I started picking them up. So it's safe to assume that "the Feds" can use any freq they want as a control channel. Either that or the Admin wasn't keeping up with the changes!

Last edited:

steve0622

From my understanding, correct me if im wrong, on a trunked system, you have to enter all frequencies in for that system. On certian trunked systems such as EDACS that the city of Wichita Falls use, the frequencies have to be entered in in a certian order called the LCN. I think LTR trunked systems are the same way. The only trunked system that is an exception is the Motorola trunked. There, if you have the right scanner, all you have to program in is the control frequiencis listed and the scanner will take care of the rest. As far as changes to the database here on RR goes, it is strickly "user input". Once listeners of a system finds something new, then they report it to the admins, and the DB is updated from there.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I know the Pro-106 and the Pro-197 automatically calculate the Voice Channel from the Control Channel info so all you enter on them are the control channel freqs but if the system uses a freq that is not an established control channel then you will only pick up part of the traffic, whatever your scanner randomly hits on. I have found 2 different federal trunked systems that were using a freq that RR had not designated as a control channel and after entering all the freqs for the system, i started getting everything like it was supposed to do. I imagine that is done for some semblance of 'secrecy!'

The Pro-106 and -197 both are pretty smart in that you dont have to program LTR systems in the corrcet order. As the scanner does it thing, it will automatically place each LCN in the correct position as radio traffic is recieved. You do have to load all freqs in an EDACS system for it to work properly.

Last edited:

steve0622

Unfortunally the only trunked systems in my reception area are Wichita Falls EDACS PROVOICE, SHeppard AFB, FT. Sill and Lawton. I've had no luck with the Wichita Falls system due to the fact they are Digital Provoice and PD is Encrypted 100% of the time, so, really the only ones that I can listen to are Lawton, and the 2 bases. I have recently started playing around with the ONCOR trunked system, but haven't had time to play with it much. To my knowledge there is no trunked "Federal" as in DEA, FBI, etc. in my area that I have found so far.....im not even sure what freq.'s are used in my area for that purpose yet considering we do have an FBI office in Witchita Falls witch is only 25 miles from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.