Ft Stewart / Hunter Army Aitfield Programing 996xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakrkabeck

Premium Subscriber
I am having trouble figuring out how to program this system. Anybody know anything that might help?

rmiller818

It would help us if you let us know what specifically your having trouble with.

Are you using programming software?

BTW, you have to give us more than 30 minutes to answer. We all don't check the forums 24/7.

N8IAA

It also helps if you let us know what scanner you are trying to program the system in. There are more than three systems for what you are asking about. As asked previous, are you using programming software? Inquiring minds need to know to help you out.:)
Larry

Timisdope

ive got a question for the person thats asking about the fort steward, are you the feed provider for the chatham county feed also if so can you please up the feed!!

jakrkabeck

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for being impatient everyone. I thought there were more people online when I wrote the message. Im using ARC-XT software for the BCD996XT. The system is Motorola Type II Smartzone, analog and digital 400 Mhz, 12.5 spacing, 380 offset. Basically all the information I have is from RR. To answer Timisdope sorry But i don't provide any feeds yet.

When I used the software the frequencies were programed but didn't work. I also noticed that the frequenices were not grouped together by site properly once the software programed the scanner. I can't seem to figure out how to set the spacing and the offset. I think if I do that it will all come together. Once again sorry for being impatient.

Last edited:

N8IAA

Sorry for being impatient everyone. I thought there were more people online when I wrote the message. Im using ARC-XT software for the BCD996XT. The system is Motorola Type II Smartzone, analog and digital 400 Mhz, 12.5 spacing, 380 offset. Basically all the information I have is from RR. To answer Timisdope sorry But i don't provide any feeds yet.

When I used the software the frequencies were programed but didn't work. I also noticed that the frequenices were not grouped together by site properly once the software programed the scanner. I can't seem to figure out how to set the spacing and the offset. I think if I do that it will all come together. Once again sorry for being impatient.

Why don't you try FreeScan? I think that it might be easier to upload frequencies to your scanner. B7Spectra can be a help there. Find which site has the strongest signal, and program that one into the scanner.
Larry

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber

Have you gotten it to work yet? I notice that you left out whether or not you properly programmed in the Base frequency. If you haven't properly programmed that, it won't track the system. I think programming defaults to 406.0000, but with the Ft. Stewart/Hunter TRS you have to use a Base freq of 406.0125.

If you're still having trouble with it, I will be in the Savannah area next week and may be able to help you out with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.