Ft Worth Reg unlisted TG's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5dki

hearing conversations on TG's 15542 and 15539. Don't see any number sequence like this on the listing for this system.
anyone have an idea who these might be ?
the conversation this morning on 15542 was more like ham radio... discussing guns and ammo among other things...

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
hearing conversations on TG's 15542 and 15539. Don't see any number sequence like this on the listing for this system.
anyone have an idea who these might be ?
the conversation this morning on 15542 was more like ham radio... discussing guns and ammo among other things...
Which site on FWRRS were you hearing these conversations? If Site 1 or 2 (which are often called Layers 1 & 2), it could be any of the smaller towns in the county. There have been a few new cities join the system (or are planning to joing), so it might end up being one of them.

If it was a specific site, like Johnson County, Mansfield, Ellis County, then that might also be a clue. But the only way to find out is if someone connected with the system speaks up, or if you can collect enough conversations, hopefully with some details as to a more specific location.

n5dki

i listen to the ellis county users... towers in midlothian and red oak. new towers coming soon in waxahachie and ennis.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
i listen to the ellis county users... towers in midlothian and red oak. new towers coming soon in waxahachie and ennis.
There will also a tower in the southern part of the county. Plus, along with Waxahachie and Ellis County joining, users will be switching from using Phase I to Phase II.

If you are hearing that on the Ellis County sites, then those may end up being part of the new talkgroups for the County or Waxahachie. Periodically I run a Discovery session to look for new TGIDs. There are a couple in the range that would be Midlothian, Red Oak, or the ISD that I have not heard enough to positively identify the usage.

Harold

Premium Subscriber
When running Unitrunker V2 on the various sites of the FWRRS, it keeps a log of all the talkgroups discovered on the entire system. Granted I have not run many sessions on the Midlothian site, but I only see one talkgroup in that series(15000) and that only had one hit. I will run it for a day or so and see what else comes up. Identifying the users of the group might be a challenge though. Also find it curious that one group was an even number and the other odd.

Harold

Premium Subscriber
Let Unitrunker v2 run for at least 24 hours. Only unidentified talkgroup logged, on the Midlothian site, was 7336.

Status
Not open for further replies.