Ft. Worth trncking system

Status
Not open for further replies.

6520tkp

Has the Ft. Worth truncking system made the big switch to "DIGITAL", supposed to happen earlier this year.

I am comparing to a known "DIGITAL" system that sounds like a bad cell phone connection.

I say know they have not made th big switch.

Thanks.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Has the Ft. Worth truncking system made the big switch to "DIGITAL", supposed to happen earlier this year.

I am comparing to a known "DIGITAL" system that sounds like a bad cell phone connection.

I say know they have not made th big switch.

Thanks.
Based on this thread, they have a "test" P25 system up at his time, but regular traffic is still on the current analog system. Long term, from what I've seen noted here and over on the DFWScan list, a conversion to P25 is planed, but still several years away from full implementation. (I don't have the link to the 'plan' habdy at the minute, but I believe it was by 2014 or 2015. Somebody else may have a better timeline.)

The "switch" earlier this year was the installation of the P25 system controller for the new system (for initial testing & evaluation, probably). Actual conversion of the existing system, as I said, is gonna take some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.