Yaesu: FT2D Firmware update

Status
Not open for further replies.

VNR5338

After connecting the radio and following the step/by/step instructions, after pressing Next I get the message:: ""Power is not turned on or cable is disconnected. Please check it. (H'00, H'A0) Anyone ever get this type of error message ?
Drivers are installed correctly. Everything is connected to AC power, I am using the supplied USB cable which came with the radio.

n9upc

After connecting the radio and following the step/by/step instructions, after pressing Next I get the message:: ""Power is not turned on or cable is disconnected. Please check it. (H'00, H'A0) Anyone ever get this type of error message ?
Drivers are installed correctly. Everything is connected to AC power, I am using the supplied USB cable which came with the radio.

Usually when this happens it is because of the radio and USB not seeing each other. Make sure to follow the directions and we did a step by step video on our YouTube channel Yaesu USA Official.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
Download and follow all instructions to the letter. There are some steps regarding turning the radio on and off which seem meaningless, but they need to followed. The switch position is critical. It's right under the USB connection and has three positions. Very hard to see and operate. Not really user friendly. This is a multistep process and it won't work unless you follow the instructions.

I updated mine a long time ago, but just did one for a friend. He was unable to connect to Wires-X because he did not have the latest firmware.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I do not recall ever having that error, and I have owned/own the FT1/2/3, FTM400 as well as Yaesu repeaters. Please follow up if you resolve it or not, so that others who may find this thread have some insight.

There are hoops to jump through and the video for it posted by John Kruk is helpful. It is my understanding that the overall specific steps in the update procedure are to ensure one does not 'brick' the radio during the update. I don't want to send in a radio for a 'brick' fix and I'm sure they do not want it to occur either. N9UPC is up-to-speed and I would follow his input.

VNR5338

I do not recall ever having that error, and I have owned/own the FT1/2/3, FTM400 as well as Yaesu repeaters. Please follow up if you resolve it or not, so that others who may find this thread have some insight.

There are hoops to jump through and the video for it posted by John Kruk is helpful. It is my understanding that the overall specific steps in the update procedure are to ensure one does not 'brick' the radio during the update. I don't want to send in a radio for a 'brick' fix and I'm sure they do not want it to occur either. N9UPC is up-to-speed and I would follow his input.
Yep. Im following Johns instructions to the letter. Tried two pc's and still the same error message. Maybe I've got a bad USB data cable or possibly an issue with the radio itself. Thank You

KG4WKX

Yep. Im following Johns instructions to the letter. Tried two pc's and still the same error message. Maybe I've got a bad USB data cable or possibly an issue with the radio itself. Thank You
Did you happen to resolve this issue? I found your thread because I'm having the exact same issue with the FTM-300D. Two new radios, same issue, using provided cable, two different computers. I've followed the manual to a T and youtube videos, still no joy. Thanks!

LB0HI

Did you happen to resolve this issue? I found your thread because I'm having the exact same issue with the FTM-300D. Two new radios, same issue, using provided cable, two different computers. I've followed the manual to a T and youtube videos, still no joy. Thanks!

Did you get this problem resolved? I have the same issue. Also tried with two separate computers and cables, nothing is working.

KG4WKX

Did you get this problem resolved? I have the same issue. Also tried with two separate computers and cables, nothing is working.
I did. I was initially using a Lenovo TinyPC and also an MSI laptop. Neither worked. Looks like the chipset or something with that particular computer was incompatible and wouldn't communicate with the radio. I started up an older Dell computer, fresh install of Windows 10, followed the instructions as printed and everything worked perfectly. Frustrating to say the least...spent hours trying to get this to work.

LB0GI

After uninstall of drivers, reboot and new install follow the manual (especially, microsoft.net framework!) it worked fine! Using Win 11 without problem. The .net framework in the manual are essential!

Status
Not open for further replies.